England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

Thought Rose was fairly bad btw. All the talk was of him nailing down his place in the team but I thought he was poor.

Should've had a pen against him first half aswell. He was better defensively the other day, did alright going forwards again. Need to have defenders who can defend though yeah.

Right, well our cbs have cocked that up quite impressively.

Harsh, could have easily had neither goal given.

Stones was just naive, Jagielkas was harsh yeah.

Stones is never ready to be starting for England.

Personally I would pick Stones. Cahill makes just as many mistakes but in a different way. At least Stones adds something to the team.

.... Is Gini just not that amazing? I'm trying not to judge him on tonight like but I always thought we just weren't using him optimally and getting the man who beat Manchester  Uniteds big new signing to Dutch player of the year was amazing,  but Depays proved to be a bit bobbins and I'm just not seeing it?

He's obviously decent enough for us in our current state like but had hopes of him being the kind of player to force a big money move to a top six club with his performances fairly quickly.

Ah forgot about him, retract what i said. :lol: Yeah i'd rather play Bertrand instead tbh.

Bertrand over Rose? Hasn't Rose been quality this season.

No idea, don't really watch Spurs much and in fairness Spurs have better CBs than we do. Just based on what i have seen over their careers.

Yeah I've not seen many full games of spurs this season but I think he's probably the best current option. Think he was trying too hard to impress with the first non penalty tackle and the penalty can happen to anyone really, I'm not too worried about it. He's no peak Ashley Cole but I think he'll do for now.

Rose has improved a lot, both going forward and defending. I'd be amazed if he's not first choice at LB now.

I wouldn't risk Stones in a major tournament just yet. They are mostly knock-out in structure and one slip can lead to two years work down the pan.

Bertrand is surely better than Baines

Not sure but i reckon Roy wouldn't take two inexperienced players, it'll Baines as the experienced one and either Rose or Bertrand as the other. Rose would be ahead on Premier League form i should think.

My main memory of Baines for England is getting absolutely rinsed by Candreva time and time again, who is pretty average, in the World Cup

I'd take Rose as 1st choice and Bertrand as 2nd if it was me. Baines is ok, not one of my favourites. Decent set pieces as we found out like.

Can Stones play holding midfield? Don't like him in defence, but he's got something about him and I'd prefer him to Drinkwater.

Stones looks like one of those graceful players who could play anywhere. Never know him to play in midfield so i think it's non starter. And surely it'll be Dier playing in front of the defence. Which would be our player in that position from this seasons form.

Can Stones play holding midfield? Don't like him in defence, but he's got something about him and I'd prefer him to Drinkwater.

I thought Drinkwater was impressive last night, was there when needed defensively, broke play up quite well. I'd certainly have him or Dier ahead of Carrick.

Guest firetotheworks

It's amazing how many good fullbacks we have really.

They all decent, but they're replacing Ashley Cole who was excellent.

I thought Drinkwater was impressive last night, was there when needed defensively, broke play up quite well. I'd certainly have him or Dier ahead of Carrick.

I thought he was good defensively albeit with very little help from Lallana and Milner, but he was slow and safe on the ball. Kinda understandable really, England debut probably makes you a bit reluctant to play the 'hopeful' balls.

Drinkwater offers a lot more when playing for Leicester than he did last night. Roy just had him sitting and recycling possession but there was a few times last night when Vardy was making excellent runs that Drinkwater would have took a punt to pick him out.

Drinkwater offers a lot more when playing for Leicester than he did last night. Roy just had him sitting and recycling possession but there was a few times last night when Vardy was making excellent runs that Drinkwater would have took a punt to pick him out.

When he plays for Leicester he has Kante next to him though, who somehow can just teleport into any position he is needed.