England

Yorkie

Just now, ManDoon said:

What was the score in the end?

He lost it to a better team, just like Southgate has lost every big game he’s managed for England.

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

:lol: what? No it isn’t, that’s laughable. At the time our owner was Mike Ashley and no one wanted to work for him, would you like to list the managers the other side of rafa? It’s okay I’ll do it. John Carver, Joe Kinnear, Steve McClaren, Alan Pardew, Chris Hughton. 

The reason it was mentioned was precisely that. Comparing it to the England job :lol: incredible stuff. 

I’m not comparing the jobs, are you okay? I’m comparing the ridiculous statement that you can’t sack a manager “because there is nobody better”.

There were people better than Pardew and there is people better than Southgate.

Guest HTT II

We will go into the WC on a downer due to form only to then go and win it, stinking the tournament out, but a win is a win. 

This is undeniably a very shitty week, but it feels like people have had pitchforks out for Southgate from the very beginning, and this is the first excuse to use them. It's bullshit to be honest. He's don't wonders with the culture of this English team given where we where when he took over, and he's almost become a victim of his own success.

When you have people like De Bruyne saying "We don't want to be playing these games it's bullshit", it's clear the players mind arnt in these games.

Just now, Shearergol said:

So what's the plan if Southgate stays on? Go out in the group stages at the WC and then try to find someone already in the system to take over?

No we have been given another absolute gift of a group so we will qualify from It and he will be praised for it.

Just now, ManDoon said:

You quite literally compared them lol. Either way the only names you can come up with are Poch and Rodgers ffs. Best record since Alf Ramsey but let’s bin him 

Apart from those other two names I came up with?

Where did I compare the jobs? Would you mind refreshing our memories?

8 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

Panic stations in the tabloids over the next few days. Will be a feeding frenzy on Southgate.

It fucking should be. He’s clueless, crap and wasting one of the best groups of players we’ve had for decades.

”But he’s the most successful managers we’ve ever had”. Really?! What’s he fucking won? 
He bottled the semi against Croatia and he double-bottled the final against Italy. 

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

No we have been given another absolute gift of a group so we will qualify from It and he will be praised for it.

I just wonder what those stating that we can't replace Southgate with someone like Poch think should happen? Are there any actual acceptable candidates or is it Southgate 4 life?

Wouldnt believe a few nations league results would inspire such an emotional reaction towards the man who 12 months ago had us in our first final for 60 years, but there you go.

Edited by Nine

Just now, Nine said:

Wouldnt believe a few nations league results would inspire such an emotional reaction towards the man who had us in our first final for 60 years, but there you go.

Pretty much my thoughts...

Whether you want him sacked or not (I really don't give a fuck either way as I don't care), it's undeniable he had easy runs to the SF/Final, which seems to be the main defence of him. 

I don't think there would be a rush of top clubs approaching him at all.