England

Yorkie

Just now, Shearergol said:

I just wonder what those stating that we can't replace Southgate with someone like Poch think should happen? Are there any actual acceptable candidates or is it Southgate 4 life?

As I said, we’ll be handicapped because England fans won’t cope with having a non-Englishman in charge.

Best options from that shallow pool would be Howe or Potter. 

2 minutes ago, Nine said:

Wouldnt believe a few nations league results would inspire such an emotional reaction towards the man who 12 months ago had us in our first final for 60 years, but there you go.

Pardew had us 5th. Turds can float. 

It might actually be the thumping we need, daft as that sounds, as short of sacking him (unlikely and not needed right now) then sometimes you need that kick up the arse or watershed moment that can hopefully lead to change. The recent performances have been awful and it doesn't do the team any good limping from one abject display to another. 

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

Yeah when you said “remember when people were said we shouldn’t sack pardew because who would we get?” Which is a comparison. Unless you a) don’t know what the word means, or b) brought up Newcastle for seemingly no reason 

Is that comparing the jobs, or comparing the reaction of fans to suggesting a manager should be sacked? You’ve had a mare here.

Ps - what about those other two names I mentioned, is Southgate better than them too? Second time you’ve ignored them.

Although we already know you’re in denial trying to claim Poch isn’t good enough :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Nine said:

Wouldnt believe a few nations league results would inspire such an emotional reaction towards the man who 12 months ago had us in our first final for 60 years, but there you go.

Aye that

Don't really give a fuck about international football. Bizarre seeing how angry people are towards him. Not really a fan of his virtue signalling bullshit but seeing the shite he's getting is making me feel sympathy for him. Short memories these ingland fans

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

It does worry me how quickly our lot will turn on Howe when we inevitably go on a rough run.

This is a completely different situation.

Edited by SUPERTOON

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Anyone think Howe would take it if offered? I’m not suggesting it’s going to happen btw just interested in peoples opinions.

Not right now. 3 or 4 years down the line maybe.

Just now, number37 said:

It might actually be the thumping we need, daft as that sounds, as short of sacking him (unlikely and not needed right now) then sometimes you need that kick up the arse or watershed moment that can hopefully lead to change. The recent performances have been awful and it doesn't do the team any good limping from one abject display to another. 

That's how I'm (optimistically) looking at it. They all deserve am almighty bollocking after that tonight though, tiredness or not.

Guest HTT II

Rodgers? His Leicester are basically England right now, but with an FA Cup win [emoji38]

The only manager I’d take for England, after Southgate deservedly has his chance at the WC, would be Potter. His Brighton side for a few years now have been a top striker away from the top 6.

Just now, The Prophet said:

It does worry me how quickly our lot will turn on Howe when we inevitably go on a rough run.

Inevitable and going to be even more excruciating than it was Nov-Dec time.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Anyone think Howe would take it if offered? I’m not suggesting it’s going to happen btw just interested in peoples opinions.

I don't think he would. He's too obsessed with the day to day of the job.

Leyton Orient 6-1 Newcastle springs to mind. Be surprised if any player on the pitch in any of these games was 100% committed to it. Didn't watch any of them though so I could be wrong and they went hell for leather and it's only the manager's total inability to manage which has led to this. 

I do lean towards the view that unfortunately, I think he's taken us as far as he can. What he's achieved is far beyond what anyone expected, but I think he's got his limitations.

I wouldn't be sad or disappointed if he went but at the same time I don't think the FA have the balls to replace him. The suggestion of Poch is just daft. It's far more likely if/when he goes, they'll be eyeing up someone like Potter.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

I don’t think he’d touch it with a barge pole, he’d want to plan the road to the World Cup in so much detail with isn’t going to happen with 2 games to go.

If Southgate bombs at the WC and they come calling in January, he might have to think about it with plenty of time ahead of Euro 2024.

Just now, ManDoon said:

One manager in England history has won a trophy. You’re setting a pretty high fucking bar.

We got to a Euros final, scored first, then had no shots for 70 minutes and Bottlejob did fuck all about it, just stood there and watched us lose. That final was there for the taking but a guy with a loser’s mentality lost it for us.
Maybe we were destined to lose it but at least try to fucking win it!!

If this was an average or shit group of England players (and we have had them) I’d celebrate a final, but it’s one of the best groups of players we’ve had in generations. It’s not good enough 

Just now, ManDoon said:

You’re comparing the question yes. Objectively pardew was doing a terrible job, Southgate is NOT, despite what you might be suggesting. 

Didn’t see them, but you’ll just turn on them if they don’t win two tournaments in a row anyway, so what’s the point lol? 

You’re desperately scrambling at this point :lol:

2 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Rodgers? His Leicester are basically England right now, but with an FA Cup win [emoji38]

The only manager I’d take for England, after Southgate deservedly has his chance at the WC, would be Potter. His Brighton side for a few years now have been a top striker away from the top 6.

Potter would be a great choice for the current crop of players.

1 minute ago, jack j said:

Aye that

Don't really give a fuck about international football. Bizarre seeing how angry people are towards him. Not really a fan of his virtue signalling bullshit but seeing the shite he's getting is making me feel sympathy for him. Short memories these ingland fans

Truth is he was never really fancied by alot of fans, hes not glamorous, he doesnt playing exciting football, hes a bit of a boring bloke in interviews etc. But he has done a good job with that team, let us not forget what he inherited after Allardyce.. he ripped up that team entirely and brought in an almost entire new generation of players. Got us to a semi and a final.