England

Yorkie

19 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

No idea why they need to write a job description. Ridiculous. 

I wonder if Spain did this before they hired the guy who just won EURO 24 for them. Or Italy for whoever managed them to EURO 2020.

It's so ostentatious, just hire someone good and win something, it doesn't matter how we get there :lol:

3 hours ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

I wonder if Spain did this before they hired the guy who just won EURO 24 for them. Or Italy for whoever managed them to EURO 2020.

It's so ostentatious, just hire someone good and win something, it doesn't matter how we get there :lol:

The successful applicant will have to use the necessary buzzwords in their interview as well. Experience not essential.

Sometimes the most popular choice isn't the right one. Keegan was unanimous in his popularity as he was tearing it up with Fulham at the time, fans thought all-out-attack England etc

In fact every choice which has logically made sense and fairly popular - e.g. Eriksson, Capello, Hodgson has flopped. And the non-plussed options like Southgate did well. 

Howe is a field manager - i.e. improves players over time. The national job does not cater for this. 

You need someone tactically very sharp and can put together a solid system. Not necessrily a slow burn builder. Potter is similar to Howe. A Benitez would actually work wonders with England and he's a winner, too - so could get them over the line in finals. 

18 hours ago, kingxlnc said:

Sometimes the most popular choice isn't the right one. Keegan was unanimous in his popularity as he was tearing it up with Fulham at the time, fans thought all-out-attack England etc

In fact every choice which has logically made sense and fairly popular - e.g. Eriksson, Capello, Hodgson has flopped. And the non-plussed options like Southgate did well. 

Howe is a field manager - i.e. improves players over time. The national job does not cater for this. 

You need someone tactically very sharp and can put together a solid system. Not necessrily a slow burn builder. Potter is similar to Howe. A Benitez would actually work wonders with England and he's a winner, too - so could get them over the line in finals. 

I also don't think Howe is suitable for the England job. I think his strengths are on the training pitch and his weaknesses are in match coaching, just the reverse should be preferred in a national job.

5 minutes ago, ATB said:

I also don't think Howe is suitable for the England job. I think his strengths are on the training pitch and his weaknesses are in match coaching, just the reverse should be preferred in a national job.

I also worry about any sort of high-intensity football at the World Cup. The Final for example is being held in East Rutherford and it's 28-30°c. Arlington is hosting one of the semis and it's over 30°c.

Rory Jennings going on saying what's the appeal about being Newcastle manager? which really reaffirms the fact that the England national team is generally supported by those we despise. Throw in cundy, O'Hara and all them other cunts and it just shows you how much disconnect their is with this football club 'up here'. 

I wouldn't even try to engage a man who thinks Chelsea have always been a big club and have more appeal than Newcastle.

The England job is shite, that's why Southgate became manager because nobody wanted the cunt and his CV read worse than Steve Bruce. 

Well, tough shit, Howes not going to England and they would probably try to hound him out after 5 mins anyway. Lee Carsley in.

7 minutes ago, Pancrate1892 said:

Rory Jennings going on saying what's the appeal about being Newcastle manager? which really reaffirms the fact that the England national team is generally supported by those we despise. Throw in cundy, O'Hara and all them other cunts and it just shows you how much disconnect their is with this football club 'up here'. 

I wouldn't even try to engage a man who thinks Chelsea have always been a big club and have more appeal than Newcastle.

The England job is shite, that's why Southgate became manager because nobody wanted the cunt and his CV read worse than Steve Bruce. 

Well, tough shit, Howes not going to England and they would probably try to hound him out after 5 mins anyway. Lee Carsley in.

Same guy was calling for us to sack Howe because he’s not good enough. I don’t think he even believes most of his opinions.

The one I love hearing is “Newcastle shouldn’t stand in his way”. What does that mean? We shouldn’t ask for compensation? That would be moronic and no one would expect that from a ESL club.

52 minutes ago, Pancrate1892 said:

Stop listening to Talkshite FFS. You’re only encouraging them.

19 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Rory Jennings man come on. That cockney cunt was a bit parter on the True Geordie podcast and then threw him under the bus at the first opportunity. Clueless snake of a prick

Jennings is such a little shite weasel WUM. 

4 hours ago, Pancrate1892 said:

I honestly don't normally. It was a one off to see if I could crawl into the telly and nut that cunt 

Isn't that the aim of Talksport though, to provoke a reaction? Ideally with you calling in to disagree with them.