Georginio Wijnaldum

Disco

This c*** not gone yet!? Just get 18m and get him out the door and get a CB and goal scoring midfielder or striker in and we are sorted. Easy. Messing about with ridiculous asking prices for player who Dosent want to be here

Why are you in such a rush :lol:

The season doesn't start for another month or so, we have plenty of time to bleed them dry and focus on other stuff in the mean time.

His attitude was clearly a problem.  As at times, his workrate and effort seemed first class.  I don't think it was always down to him picking and choosing when to put a shift in.  But even so, he was just far too inconsistent and spent whole games AWOL. 

Just thinking how good we all thought he'd be for us after that Norwich game.  Fast forward half a year or so, we're in the championship, nobody particularly likes him and we're glad to see the back of him  :sad:

Be interested to see where he fits in at Liverpool.  Can't see him starting as a 10 and I'm not sure he'll get given that left wing/free role, that he had here?

There's probably a chance he plays the 10 and with Mane and Coutinho out wide they'll play Firminho or Sturridge up top. Rotation wise Firminho, Coutinho, Mane, and Gini playing the #10 or out wide.

There's probably a chance he plays the 10 and with Mane and Coutinho out wide they'll play Firminho or Sturridge up top. Rotation wise Firminho, Coutinho, Mane, and Gini playing the #10 or out wide.

Sturridge on the treatment table and Mane having to play as a striker quite often, would be my guess.  Forgot they signed Mane, TBH.  I wonder if Ings will get a look in?  Been scoring a few in preseason.

Sturridge on the treatment table and Mane having to play as a striker quite often, would be my guess.  Forgot they signed Mane, TBH.  I wonder if Ings will get a look in?  Been scoring a few in preseason.

Origi too.

We've had some very good footballers leave us when they're at their pomp, this guy is not one of them. Would say he's far behind the midfielders like Cabaye and Hamann for what they produced for the club.

Can imagine he'll do well for a team like Liverpool. But for a team like us, players who can go AWOL are the last thing we need. Even if they are capable of the odd moment of real quality.

He'll be better for them as they'll play swift attacking football but that would also have been the case for us now Rafa is the manager.

If Liverpool struggle for any reason (not going to happen obviously), he'll disappear, he's not exactly a fighter for the cause like.

Not sure he's cut out for such a fast and physical style of football as in the PL, we'll see I suppose.

Ian that's exactly what he's cut out for. He's far better when the game moves at pace.

:thup:

Is he? Maybe you're right, I just think that's why he disappears out of the game so much.

Not sure he's cut out for such a fast and physical style of football as in the PL, we'll see I suppose.

Ian that's exactly what he's cut out for. He's far better when the game moves at pace.

:thup:

Is he? Maybe you're right, I just think that's why he disappears out of the game so much.

He's a direct player with great close control and dribbling as well great at finding space in the box but not that great of a passer, it helps him when the game is opened up.

Defensively it probably doesn't but a good team would hide him as much as possible.

Questionable attitude, but he was messed around for a lot of the season playing in different positions. McClaren never seemed sure what to do with him. If they can find a position that suits him and play him in the right system, he could do very well. He has the technique and an eye for goal and seems to suit counter attacking football.

They're getting a talented player but for the prices being mentioned it's a big gamble on their part. At his best he looked like a top player, but he was also poor for the majority of the season and the 11 goals stat hides that fact. They're gambling on his potential to deliver in a better team. I think he has the ability and I'd rather keep him than Sissoko if either were possible, simply because he's a better footballer.

From our perspective, it's a good deal provided he's replaced. In spite of the 11 goals he was invisible in so many games, to the point you would forget he was playing. It's not like a key player is being taken out of our side. It's a good opportunity to bring in a player who is more suited to our needs - we're still lacking in creativity in a league where teams will mostly set up to stop us playing.

Liverpool will have given us about £70m for him, Enrique and Andy Carroll. :lol:

They are so awful with recruitment, they really are :lol:

Most clubs pick some duds, but they seem to pick a lot more than everyone else.

Glad they're adding another to their collection with this embarrassment of a footballer.

More like: embarrassment of a post.

Guest firetotheworks

Genuinely pleased that he's going like. Technically nice on the ball, but I very quickly turned on him due to his absolutely shit attitude and his invisible and/or terrible performances. Sissoko's a shit as well as far as effort goes, but I can't remember a game where he hid, even when he was playing badly. Players that hide annoy me more than players who play badly, though, so it might be that.

This c*** not gone yet!? Just get 18m and get him out the door and get a CB and goal scoring midfielder or striker in and we are sorted. Easy. Messing about with ridiculous asking prices for player who Dosent want to be here

The season doesn't start for another month or so, we have plenty of time to bleed them dry and focus on other stuff in the mean time.

Just over two weeks marra. Yay championship. Yay Friday kick off.

Questionable attitude, but he was messed around for a lot of the season playing in different positions. McClaren never seemed sure what to do with him. If they can find a position that suits him and play him in the right system, he could do very well. He has the technique and an eye for goal and seems to suit counter attacking football.

They're getting a talented player but for the prices being mentioned it's a big gamble on their part. At his best he looked like a top player, but he was also poor for the majority of the season and the 11 goals stat hides that fact. They're gambling on his potential to deliver in a better team. I think he has the ability and I'd rather keep him than Sissoko if either were possible, simply because he's a better footballer.

From our perspective, it's a good deal provided he's replaced. In spite of the 11 goals he was invisible in so many games, to the point you would forget he was playing. It's not like a key player is being taken out of our side. It's a good opportunity to bring in a player who is more suited to our needs - we're still lacking in creativity in a league where teams will mostly set up to stop us playing.

:thup: decent summary.

Agree with this. I've got no doubts over his ability to be a success there - he's a fantastic footballer. Also reckon in a successful team he will have a far better attitude which in reality is the only major criticism you'd have of his time here because that was the catalyst for his invisible performances - nowt to do with his ability.

Very interested to see how he'd fit into Klopp's high pressing ethos too.

Around last November, one of the stats sites looked at Vardy's numbers during what would become his record-breaking streak and said they were normal. He was scoring because he was regularly shooting from good positions. He was shooting more than Aguero. They also looked at Wijnaldum and said he was on a flukey streak. His conversion percentage was unsustainably high. He'd scored 7 from something crazy like 11 shots, four of them past Norwich's keeper. We scored with all six shots on target in that game.

While he can deliver more than he did in the shitshow under McClaren, I don't think he's a consistent double figures from CM player. That's a young Scholes or Lampard, someone much more involved in the game.

Just over two weeks marra. Yay championship. Yay Friday kick off.

Is it? didn't know that :lol: Besides still don't see the rush really.

Liverpool linked with £27m bid. "Fuck that, just take £18m!11!!1!"

Don't care about the fee now, just get him and Sissoko out so we can finally move on.

I absolutely care about the fee because with all the shite that is spouted on here, the fee always vindicates my view.

"Wijnaldum is crap!!"

Bite their hands off in anyone bids more than £3m for Sissoko!!!"

Yeah ok. Thanks for the £50m and fuck off.