Georginio Wijnaldum

Disco

Loving this attitude from the club. We don't have[/] to sell anyone.

Five years ago...

“The problem is that where we are now financially means that we can never really fulfill the expectations of the fans. They have memories of European football but the gap is ­getting bigger as the years go by.

“It is becoming difficult to compete with the top clubs, but that is not to say we can’t compete at the level we are at, but we are always vulnerable to the bigger clubs as Andy Carroll’s move proved."

Never understood the club's attitude before as I thought it put us in a weak position when openly touting the players.  Every club - even the likes of Man Utd are vulnerable if bigger clubs come calling for their players so there is no need to advertise the fact as Pardew regularly did.

I've never understood the fascination with Lucas. I've seen him have some good games, fine. But some people rate him way too highly. He's the definition of average midfielder. Better than what we have, and I'd probably get a shirt with his name on the back for the sake of it, but he's not class by any means. IMO

I've never really paid that much attention to him before, but maybe he's the diametric opposite of Wijnaldum. Not the same silky touch or obvious class, but heavily involved and gets stuck in. Our defensive midfield is still short IMO, only Tiote has the physical presence required and he's probably going to be sold. If Rafa rates him he probably has good reason.

Anfield Observer ‏@AnfieldObserver · 15h15 hours ago

A £20m deal for Wijnaldum will mean #LFC have spent £230m on players from Newcastle, Southampton, Sunderland and Aston Villa since 2011.

Guest chopey

:lol: How many of the £230m signings from those teams could be regarded as a success?

From the point of view from the selling teams all of them.

He's never been used to being in a crap side, he'll not have that problem at Liverpool under Klopp. Can't see him not doing well.