Georginio Wijnaldum

Disco

"I'm delighted to be a Newcastle United player," said Wijnaldum.

"I felt the time was right for me to move and the Club have shown they really want me, so I'm very happy to be here.

"There's a few players here who are from Holland - I know them well and they will help me feel at home in Newcastle.

"I know the Club has a great stadium with great fans. I want to play here as soon as possible - I want to feel the atmosphere and hear the crowd. I cannot wait to get started."

Steve McClaren added: "This signing is a real statement for the Club. It is a big transfer for a very good player and I am delighted to have Gini here at the Club.

"He has lots of energy and a great tempo to his game. He is very skillful but is also capable of playing box-to-box, and - importantly - he can score goals.

"He is at the right age and the right fit for Newcastle. He is a leader as well and you will see that. He is someone who always wants the ball, can deal with it, and we need that kind of character in the team."

Very good news, I assumed he was another no 10 type but they're talking about him as a box to box so presume he'll be behind De Jong alongside Anita (ok I mean Colback, it'll be colback lol). My only concern is that in De Jong and Wijnaldum is they are both goal scorers but are they providers? (Also lol De Jong will be injured)

So we add the PSV captain to our ex-Ajax captain. Who's the Feyenoord captain now?

Jordie Classie, the one player who should be destined to come here

A classy Geordie? Sign him up!