Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

I thought his first half was a model in target man strikership. Never gave the Spurs backline a moment of peace. Held the ball up ,sometimes difficult balls too, and scored a great header. Would probably have got another without some quality last gasp defending. However, the red card was a disgusting assault and subsequent play acting embarrassing. I think he's potentially a very good striker.

Guest awaymag

Goal Shy?  I think he gets a raw deal personally.  In 1st season in Premier he scored 9 goals.  Same as Andy Carrol and Christian Benteke.  These guys are lauded for being goal scorers and worth £30M+.  Its only because there was no-one else like Perez or Cisse chipping in with goals that it has fallen to him and people are looking too harshly.

Agree he seems to have a red card passion but for a 21 year old in a new league, I think he has done okay

Goal Shy?  I think he gets a raw deal personally.  In 1st season in Premier he scored 9 goals.  Same as Andy Carrol and Christian Benteke.  These guys are lauded for being goal scorers and worth £30M+.  Its only because there was no-one else like Perez or Cisse chipping in with goals that it has fallen to him and people are looking too harshly.

Agree he seems to have a red card passion but for a 21 year old in a new league, I think he has done okay

And this in a shocking team that got relegated, where he didnt start every game, and he general targetman play beyond his years as a 21 year old.

Imagine this guy with a few years of Rafa under his belt - he will be a massive handful

Mate of mine thinks he did it because he wants to stay. As bizarre as it sounds the lad is mental and doesn't want to be sold. So his poor discipline record will put off buyers?

I can certainly see where he's coming from. Scraping your studs down an opposing players shin is so much simpler than just saying "I want to stay".

And this in a shocking team that got relegated, where he didnt start every game, and he general targetman play beyond his years as a 21 year old.

Imagine this guy with a few years of Rafa under his belt - he will be a massive handful

totally agree with this, 3rd worst (!) team in the division playing horrendously throughout and he nearly made double figures

yes he missed a number of important ones but isn't the well-worn cliche about strikers that when they're missing the important thing is to be in positions in the first place?

I thought his first half was a model in target man strikership. Never gave the Spurs backline a moment of peace. Held the ball up ,sometimes difficult balls too, and scored a great header. Would probably have got another without some quality last gasp defending. However, the red card was a disgusting assault and subsequent play acting embarrassing. I think he's potentially a very good striker.

I'd go with this.  Pretty fair assessment. 

It's like he's seen Costa being an irritating, horrible twat and he's decided he's going to model his game on him.  Both strong, physical players.  Who also love to play act and commit some dirty fouls. 

If Mitro concentrated on playing football and not trying to fight everyone.  I think he could develop into a good player.  As it stands, he is just an unhinged loon, that shows the odd flash of potential and moment of class.

I'm not sure he'll ever be prolific, mind.  I think you'd need to surround him with pace and goals.  Something we haven't done this season.  Back to goal and in the air, he looks a real handful.  But he looks lost when he is facing goal with the ball at feet.  He's not clinical at all.

His headers are of high quality, thats his strength. Goal yesterday, one against Sunderland, the one against Norwich, these are all top class finishes. Shearer/Carrollesque headers.

His finishing with his feet & general speed of foot very dodgy. He's not scored a single goal with his feet with a defender between him & the goalie. Two pens, two 1on1's and one tap in. As seen yesterday, he tries to get the ball out of his feet & its too slow and easily blocked. He airshot the one slid across, even though it was good defending also. Same reason for these "clumsy" red cards.

He has the heading, the strength, movement. He has to be quicker with his feet, maybe championship will help him.

He missed another relatively easy chance yesterday from Janmaat's cross. Yes I don't expect him to finish every chance but he's very wasteful.

Those discussing whether he meant the foul, did you not see the psycho stare he gave the ref earlier? He can't control himself. The Championship centre backs are going to enjoy getting him sent off.

I love the mental bastard and i'll be gutted if he leaves. Obviously you can't condone what he did to Kyle Walker and the subsequent play acting but that aside, I think he's shown plenty of potential and I love the fact that he's mentally unstable. He wears his heart on his sleeve and you can see he loves the club - he's like a much bigger, dirtier version of Ketsbaia and I loved that crazy fucker as well.

Dunno, from what I saw it looked like he only had eyes for the ball and was trying to plant his left foot to shield it, Walker just got there a tad quicker.

The force at which he did it though would be reckless so would agree with the red, although I don't think it was a deliberate stamp.

Totally agree with this. Watch his face and his eyes are always following the ball.

It looks awful in slow motion and in stills but I agree that in the wider context of what happened I think he was genuinely trying to plant his foot down and get his body in front to shield the ball from Walker.

I don't think it was a deliberate foul.

I love the mental bastard and i'll be gutted if he leaves. Obviously you can't condone what he did to Kyle Walker and the subsequent play acting but that aside, I think he's shown plenty of potential and I love the fact that he's mentally unstable. He wears his heart on his sleeve and you can see he loves the club - he's like a much bigger, dirtier version of Ketsbaia and I loved that crazy fucker as well.

I remember our heroes being Andy Cole, Shearer, Les Ferdinand, etc. Ketsbaia and Mitro as heroes? Shows how far NUFC have fallen.

He has dived and faked injury all season.  But for once, I actually thought it looked genuine after his red card challenge?  It's his own stupid fault, but look at how his leg jars and the way the foot twists back under his own weight.  That's a high ankle sprain, if ever I've seen one.  That seemed to be what the physio was looking at, when he came on.

I remember our heroes being Andy Cole, Shearer, Les Ferdinand, etc. Ketsbaia and Mitro as heroes? Shows how far NUFC have fallen.

Cult heroes perhaps.

Growing up you idolise players. I certainly did with Cole, Shearer and Ferdinand. It's different when you're older.

Cult heroes perhaps.

Growing up you idolise players. I certainly did with Cole, Shearer and Ferdinand. It's different when you're older.

True but my point was those players scored loads of goals. Ketsbaia and Mitro score occasional goals and have anger management problems.

Cult heroes perhaps.

True but my point was those players scored loads of goals. Ketsbaia and Mitro score occasional goals and have anger management problems.

Aye, again though it's cult hero status to me. They're loveable despite being radge as fuck. Mitro clearly loved scoring yesterday, kissing the badge etc. It's good to see that kind of desire and passion but he needs to sort his head out.

I love the mental b****** and i'll be gutted if he leaves. Obviously you can't condone what he did to Kyle Walker and the subsequent play acting but that aside, I think he's shown plenty of potential and I love the fact that he's mentally unstable. He wears his heart on his sleeve and you can see he loves the club - he's like a much bigger, dirtier version of Ketsbaia and I loved that crazy f***er as well.

To be fair it's pretty slim pickings on the hero front at the moment. I'm not saying he's my favourite current player but I like the guy a lot.

Ketsbaia was by no means my hero either but I love when a player shows some spirit and a bit of fire, and he epitomised that.

There are too many sterile, boring-as-fuck, R&B popstar wannabees at the highest levels of football. I'd far rather watch a team made up of Ketsbaia's and Mitrovic's than Raheem Sterling's and Berahino's.

I hope he stays, I like him BUT he does need to stop with the play acting

I think all things considered (age, new league, moron manager for the most part) he has had a decent season, it was foolish of those in charge to rely on him

If he stays he will easily do well in The Championship, let's not forget Shola found that league a breeze and this lad has much more to his game