Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

Guest Howaythetoon

Another player simply not good enough. There is a decent argument he hasn’t exactly had the opportunities under Rafa mind, but in general he’s not good enough and never will be.

So to be passionate you also have to be performing well, otherwise passion is worth nothing/or is falsified in your eyes?

Seems a strange way to look at it.

Mitro doesn't do what Rafa tells him to do on the pitch. If he cared as much as he says, he would do anything to get on the pitch so I do think his passion is false to a certain extent, yes

Fair enough, although in my opinion that's not a fair way to measure whether someone's passion is genuine or not. And also what you're saying isn't exactly factual and more speculation. Rafa might just prefer his other options and it may be more out of Mitrovic's hands than what you think. Don't think you can say for certain that Mitrovic's displays of passion are any less real than Lascelles'.

Another player simply not good enough. There is a decent argument he hasn’t exactly had the opportunities under Rafa mind, but in general he’s not good enough and never will be.

Aye, this.

If Alex ever makes it in the big leagues I'll run through Meadow Well with a Mickey Gray (their Shearer) face mask on.

Can't pretend I'm too disappointed in all honesty. He's clearly got ability but it just never clicked for him here and he needs the move away as much as we need someone fast better than him. No axe to grind but I do think a lot of people took to his character and passion rather than his actual ability to be a PL striker. Ultimately I'm only really interested in his ability to score goals, he can thump his chest and throw elbows as much as he likes it was never going to win me over. Just score goals mate.

Can't pretend I'm too disappointed in all honesty. He's clearly got ability but it just never clicked for him here and he needs the move away as much as we need someone fast better than him. No axe to grind but I do think a lot of people took to his character and passion rather than his actual ability to be a PL striker. Ultimately I'm only really interested in his ability to score goals, he can thump his chest and throw elbows as much as he likes it was never going to win me over. Just score goals mate.

:thup:

Hope he does well wherever he goes, wasn't good enough for us.

Guest Howaythetoon

Not a suprise. Well, that's that I guess. We'll remember him as a guy that created a lot of conflict between the fans.  :lol: 

Good luck big guy. We're going to miss you.

Aye, those pre and post match protests at his inclusion or exclusion will always be remembered. That time a stripper ran onto the pitch wearing only a Mitrovic mask and slapped Rafa in the face with his willy...

In 10 years time he’ll be remembered as much as Bassedas or someone of that ilk.

Love the guy and wish he was staying, since our turgid plummet since Ashleys been here I've found myself more tuned in to the cult/nutjobs players like Ameobi, Mitro, Ben Arfa, Ranger (now a dick) and Barton on the pitch than anything else to be fair. I genuinely dont think we'll see anyone like Mitro again though, what a character and mad bastard. Shame its ended like this when he could clearly be useful to us, hope he goes on to make it somewhere and I'll be following him at the WC.

Guest Howaythetoon

I don’t get the admittedly small love in for him, I really don’t. Done fuck all worthy in our colours and this so called passion... most of the players have displayed this under Rafa. He’ll go back to Belgium, Greece or Turkey and do relatively well. Best case for him, with an obscure Serie A side where he gets into double figures and becomes a cult hero before a move to Roma or somewhere where he’ll be benched. Anyway I wish him well.

He was as often a liability as an asset on the field. He was probably worth a try at some stage in the last few months since we've found goals so hard to come by but ultimately we're not the one's seeing him every day in training.

Guest Howaythetoon

He has been underused here mind and for me has been wasted. Liability or not, he’s better than all but Gayle and during our relegation season he was probably one of our most contributive players.

Guest Howaythetoon

My biggest disappointment with him was that he was crap in the championship when I thought he would rip it up.

Players like him need full confidence and a full run of games, catch 22 really.

Guest neesy111

He'll go to any league bar here or Spain and comfortably be a 15-20 goal a season striker within 2 years.

Absolute rubbish.  He couldn't hit a barn door in the championship.

He'll go to any league bar here or Spain and comfortably be a 15-20 goal a season striker within 2 years.

I agree, but that's because he can bully defenders in those leagues, I had doubts whether he could even do that in the championship, and he struggled to when he played. I do think he should have been given more opportunity this season, but ultimately I never really thought he was a Premier level striker so can understand why we are letting him go.

He’s going to do a Jon Dahl Tomasson isn’t he.

Probs not; rumours were Jon Dahl was the best finisher at the club (in training) and Mitro worst (same). Former was clearly confidence (as with Tobin, FWIW). Latter, fair bit of both. I do think he’ll feature at the top level, somewhere. But not here or comparable. Really wish him well, love the radgy-passion combo; hate the relegation-sealing chance missing.

It says everything to me that Rafa purchased and played a carthorse like Joselu rather than playing an ineffective carthorse in Mitrovic. And rightly so. Joselu gets lots of stick on here, but he is a far superior option than Mitrovic (in Rafa's style).

Good fucking riddance. Maybe we can get Murphy back with the fee - someone who might contribute to the team effort.