Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

I think Mitrovic's movement is quite good and he is able to fashion a bit of space for himself in the box pretty well, it's more the fact that he never seems to get his body position sorted or his feet in the right place when a cross comes in.

Agree with that second part. He rarely seems to be ready.

Very few people have written him off like.

I think Mitrovic's movement is quite good and he is able to fashion a bit of space for himself in the box pretty well, it's more the fact that he never seems to get his body position sorted or his feet in the right place when a cross comes in.

Agree with that second part. He rarely seems to be ready.

Very few people have written him off like.

Aye, but some have. Twitter is the worst place for shite like that.

I'm not writing him off, that would be silly after 20 games, but I doubt he'll become a cult hero either like. In time I think he could become a decent 10-12 goal a season striker but I don't think he has enough attributes to be much more than that. He hasn't got much pace (can't coach that), his finishing isn't the best (he can improve that hopefully), his general movement and alertness to situations isn't great (can be improved) and his general hold up play is decent. There's something there to work with but not enough to be a top striker at Premier League level.

Time will tell.

Sounds like a post in which you've written him off to 10-12 goals

Not at all. I don't see him ever becoming a 20 goals+ a season striker but that doesn't mean I'm writing him off. Let's face it how many strikers score more than 20 league goals a season these days?

I'm not writing him off, that would be silly after 20 games, but I doubt he'll become a cult hero either like. In time I think he could become a decent 10-12 goal a season striker

That sort of goal tally would probably be enough to win a player cult status at this club these days tbh.

I'm not writing him off, that would be silly after 20 games, but I doubt he'll become a cult hero either like. In time I think he could become a decent 10-12 goal a season striker

That sort of goal tally would probably be enough to win a player cult status at this club these days tbh.

Nah Cisse got that inside a dozen games not that long ago and he's not all that popular!

He's on Chelsea wages which i'm pretty sure we won't be prepared to match on a permanent contract.

He also won't fall for the "play well for us and you could earn a move to a bigger club" line again.

If it's a loan, I reckon that's all it would be

I'm not writing him off, that would be silly after 20 games, but I doubt he'll become a cult hero either like. In time I think he could become a decent 10-12 goal a season striker but I don't think he has enough attributes to be much more than that. He hasn't got much pace (can't coach that), his finishing isn't the best (he can improve that hopefully), his general movement and alertness to situations isn't great (can be improved) and his general hold up play is decent. There's something there to work with but not enough to be a top striker at Premier League level.

Time will tell.

That's sort of my impression as well. Very decent at holding up play but doesn't look a natural in front of goal. If he can get 12 goals a season then he'll turn out to be a decent premier player considering his other attributes, but I think he'll struggle to get that tbh.

Our short term is massively more important than our long term right now.

Bored of short term. We've been doing short term for years now. Our cycle is pretty much "do fuck all" -> "nearly go down" -> "panic buy" -> "survive by skin of teeth", and then repeat. The only chance of me getting any enjoyment is if we play our own players and look like we're doing something useful as a club. Loaning mercenaries doesn't appeal to me.

Keep forgetting how young he is and never realised he is younger than Perez. Think all the main flaws he has showed so far can be ironed out with a mixture of confidence, better fitness and working on his finishing.

Our short term is massively more important than our long term right now.

Bored of short term. We've been doing short term for years now. Our cycle is pretty much "do f*** all" -> "nearly go down" -> "panic buy" -> "survive by skin of teeth", and then repeat. The only chance of me getting any enjoyment is if we play our own players and look like we're doing something useful as a club. Loaning mercenaries doesn't appeal to me.

We hand our coaching team 8 year contracts and our signings are given 5-6 year deals. Anything but short term.

That's not really anything to do with my point. We're perennial relegation contenders at this point. I'd prefer we got relegated and had some interesting players/player stories, than just get in a bunch of randoms to see us through to the end of the season, only to be fucked again next year.

That's not really anything to do with my point. We're perennial relegation contenders at this point. I'd prefer we got relegated and had some interesting players/player stories, than just get in a bunch of randoms to see us through to the end of the season, only to be f***ed again next year.

It's everything to do with your point. Signing managers on 8 year deals and young players on 5 and 6 year contracts is anything but short term thinking. Bringing in loads of loan players and players at the end of their careers as Sunderland do for example is short term thinking.

:lol: Honestly, I don't care about the semantics here. We drop players within about 4 games if they've not destroyed the entire league (whilst simultaneously managing to ALWAYS TRACK BACK), and we revert to the same old cloggers. Then when it turns out we're still really fucking shit, we go on a moderate spending spree, rather than just preparing properly in the first place. Loaning players is another step in the direction of immediate gain, purely to help us drag ourselves to the end of the season without going down. What's the point? It's worthless. We're not competing for anything, we're not trying to do anything. So I'm scraping the barrel massively to find any joy in NUFC whatsoever, and replacing a young hopeful player with a double-dip loanee striker is just another erosion of my enjoyment levels.

:lol: Honestly, I don't care about the semantics here. We drop players within about 4 games if they've not destroyed the entire league (whilst simultaneously managing to ALWAYS TRACK BACK), and we revert to the same old cloggers. Then when it turns out we're still really f***ing s***, we go on a moderate spending spree, rather than just preparing properly in the first place. Loaning players is another step in the direction of immediate gain, purely to help us drag ourselves to the end of the season without going down. What's the point? It's worthless. We're not competing for anything, we're not trying to do anything. So I'm scraping the barrel massively to find any joy in NUFC whatsoever, and replacing a young hopeful player with a double-dip loanee striker is just another erosion of my enjoyment levels.

We don't though. Janmaat stunk the place out at the start of the season, Coloccini was hopeless, Colback useless, Krul was terrible for the majority of last season, none of them were dropped. You can probably count on one hand the amount of loan signings we've made in the past decade. I act of actually see your point in a way and agree with some of what you are saying but we certainly don't do things for short term gain generally speaking. The club have been forced to act this month due to the dire situation they find themselves in and it would be daft not to explore the loan market especially if Remy is available.

If anything I think they are guilty of planning to far ahead and concentrate on signing players for the future. When did we last sign a finished article or a player supposedly at his peak. That's what we need to start doing, planning for the here and now as opposed to 3 or 4 years down the line because it's that strategy combined with duff managerial appointments that's got us in this mess.

:lol: Honestly, I don't care about the semantics here. We drop players within about 4 games if they've not destroyed the entire league (whilst simultaneously managing to ALWAYS TRACK BACK), and we revert to the same old cloggers. Then when it turns out we're still really f***ing s***, we go on a moderate spending spree, rather than just preparing properly in the first place. Loaning players is another step in the direction of immediate gain, purely to help us drag ourselves to the end of the season without going down. What's the point? It's worthless. We're not competing for anything, we're not trying to do anything. So I'm scraping the barrel massively to find any joy in NUFC whatsoever, and replacing a young hopeful player with a double-dip loanee striker is just another erosion of my enjoyment levels.

We don't though. Janmaat stunk the place out at the start of the season, Coloccini was hopeless, Colback useless, Krul was terrible for the majority of last season, none of them were dropped. You can probably count on one hand the amount of loan signings we've made in the past decade. I act of actually see your point in a way and agree with some of what you are saying but we certainly don't do things for short term gain generally speaking. The club have been forced to act this month due to the dire situation they find themselves in and it would be daft not to explore the loan market especially if Remy is available.

If anything I think they are guilty of planning to far ahead and concentrate on signing players for the future. When did we last sign a finished article or a player supposedly at his peak. That's what we need to start doing, planning for the here and now as opposed to 3 or 4 years down the line because it's that strategy combined with duff managerial appointments that's got us in this mess.

Possibly Cisse?