Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

All the players employed by NUFC to score goals are poor at that job. It shows how far we've fallen that people's favourite players are so mediocre. My favourite Newcastle players were always the goal scorers. I don't really have a favourite player these days. We don't have any regular goal scorers and haven't for a while.

Nobody praises Perez' performance anymore. He did a lot better last season in a worse situation for the majority of it than Mitro did this season though

The issue isn't that we should've had a more proven striker though. The issue is that people are writing Mitro off for no reason when he's had a decent season in any other aspect than as a 1st choice striker for Newcastle United.

He shouldn't have been 1st choice, we know that. My issue is that people are blaming him when he's in all honesty had a decent 1st season in the PL in any other scenario than him being 1st choice striker, which we all know he shouldn't have been. So why the hatred directed at him?

I don't hate him, I just don't rate him. He has no pace and his finishing is poor. He may come good one day but that doesn't help us right now. Cisse is awful these days, Riviere is terrible and Perez has had a poor season. All our strikers have failed (along with the majority of the team).

Nobody praises Perez' performance anymore. He did a lot better last season in a worse situation for the majority of it than Mitro did this season though

At what point was last season worse than this?

It was a worse situation for Perez. Perez is a physically small lad played up front by himself for most of the season in a long ball team and did a pretty good job overall in a position which he wasn't suited to. Mitrovic is a big strong guy playing in his best position and didn't show as much

Look, the 2 most important attributes for a striker is finishing and pace. Mitrovic has neither and you don't develop these attributes suddenly. I can sort of understand that he was under pressure and that somehow rationalized his poor finishing, but you either have pace or you don't. Most young strikers who turn to be world class have pace in abundance. If he can't sprint to beat Villa's central defenders at age 21, just accept it that he's slow as snail. That ain't changing anytime soon or ever.

Though not this season, but at least Cisse and Perez gave us a few good seasons and those I will cherish and remember. I will just remember Mitrovic as a slow donkey. Might as well cut our losses and sell him off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A 1 in 2 striker can finish. And Mitro can finish. We've seen it on a few occasions.

If we don't feed him, especially as he's fucking new in the PL, he will have issues. Yeah, he's fluffed chances. But he's not been given enough chances.

Again, the issue here isn't his ability. It's the fact he should never have been our 1st choice striker. This is what people seem to be getting confused.

A 1 in 2 striker can finish. And Mitro can finish. We've seen it on a few occasions.

If we don't feed him, especially as he's fucking new in the PL, he will have issues. Yeah, he's fluffed chances. But he's not been given enough chances.

Again, the issue here isn't his ability. It's the fact he should never have been our 1st choice striker. This is what people seem to be getting confused.

:thup:

If only we'd bought a goalscorer in Jan :( Mitro could make it as a 15-a-season PL striker in time but that's not now, awful it was put to him and Cisse to keep us up. I hope he stays and continues to develop here. We've got some promising young talent at the club, I just hope we can keep the core and mix it with the right level of experience next season.

I don't get that this he doesn't get enough chance argument. It's an outright lie. Sure he doesn't get crosses raining in from all direction or through passes for that matter (which he wouldn't have been able to run to anyway). We're not a f***ing top 4 team or Barcelona that will create tons of chances for a strikers. Every game he's played, he's had at least 2-3 clear chances and a few more half chances and he usually fluffs them all. He gets chances fitting for a mid table team, he just can't finish them to save his life.

Besides as a striker, you don't just wait for chances to fall your way. You have to create your own space and shoot. How many times did we see him beat a defender and shoot? How many times did we see him sprint past a defender? None, that tells it all about his bullshit potential.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't get that this he doesn't get enough chance argument. It's an outright lie. Sure he doesn't get crosses raining in from all direction or through passes for that matter (which he wouldn't have been able to run to anyway). We're not a fucking top 4 team or Barcelona that will create tons of chances for a strikes. Every game he's played, he's had at least 2-3 clear chances and a few more half chances and he usually fluffs them all. He gets chances fitting for a mid table team, he just can't finish them to save his life.

Besides as a striker, you don't just wait for chances to fall your way. You have to create your own space and shoot. How many times did we see him beat a defender and shoot? How many times did we see him sprint pass a defender? None, that tells it all about his bullshit potential.

Again, he has scored more than the top goalscorers of a few mid-table teams. In any other scenario this would've been a great first season for a 21 year old PL import.

You are judging his potential and skills based on the expectations you have of a 1st choice striker. Not of a 21 year old PL import. Which is wrong. This is the issue. He's not a 1st choice striker, and we fucked up by making him ours due to neglecting to buy a proven PL striker. That does not equate to this season having not been on par with what would've been expected of him if we had done so, though.

A perfect example of this season being on par with the expectations we should have had is the poll in this thread, where the majority placed him in the 6-10 goal range - which is where he ended up.

On a season level, he started quite brightly, had a couple of months where he lost his way and seemed more interested in pretending to be fouled than trying to score, and then picked it up again toward the end. He's missed the odd gilt-edged one, but not that many because we are not a gilt-edged chance creating team.

For a first season in the league and his age, maybe a C minus. The rest of the team gets a D minus. If anything, I think Perez deserves more flack than Mitro. He's been more disappointing this year.

I don't get that this he doesn't get enough chance argument. It's an outright lie. Sure he doesn't get crosses raining in from all direction or through passes for that matter (which he wouldn't have been able to run to anyway). We're not a f***ing top 4 team or Barcelona that will create tons of chances for a strikes. Every game he's played, he's had at least 2-3 clear chances and a few more half chances and he usually fluffs them all. He gets chances fitting for a mid table team, he just can't finish them to save his life.

Besides as a striker, you don't just wait for chances to fall your way. You have to create your own space and shoot. How many times did we see him beat a defender and shoot? How many times did we see him sprint pass a defender? None, that tells it all about his bullshit potential.

Again, he has scored more than the top goalscorers of a few mid-table teams. In any other scenario this would've been a great first season for a 21 year old PL import.

You are judging his potential and skills based on the expectations you have of a 1st choice striker. Not of a 21 year old PL import. Which is wrong. This is the issue. He's not a 1st choice striker, and we f***ed up by making him ours due to neglecting to buy a proven PL striker. That does not equate to this season having not been on par with what would've been expected of him if we had done so, though.

A perfect example of this season being on par with the expectations we should have had is the poll in this thread, where the majority placed him in the 6-10 goal range - which is where he ended up.

In sorry, I'm not buying this he is a second striker line. That's just subjective. Using that logic, we can say that Wijnaldun, Perez, Cisse are not meant to be 1st choices for various reasons, so they are all blameless then.

I only judge Mitrovic on whether he can put away some of the chances that comes his way, whether he can outpace a defender and whether he can create his own shooting position, those are objective assessment criteria. And for all 3 criteria, the answers are the same, a big NO. His conversion rate of chances must be below 50% if not below 30%

He'll leave in the summer, become a top player elsewhere, and the people slagging him off will have their 'doesn't matter, he didn't do it here' argument even though he's a kid in a new league, poor team, seemingly being relied upon at the minute to win us the game when that useless prat Cisse does bugger all for an hour. No coincidence we seem to create more as soon as that change has been made during the game.

I don't know how anyone can say Mitro can finish. I'd say finishing has been his worst attribute. He has wasted loads of chances. 3 alone yesterday and that's just one game. Cisse is absolutely terrible these days but this is the Mitro thread.

Funny (weird not ha,ha) but I felt really annoyed at Cisse yesterday, but disappointed for, more than in Mitro. Latter should have scored. But on reflection, it is probably because it seems to matter to Mitro. I can't cope with Cisse's grinning seeming disinterest. Easier to cope with effortful incompetence.

Wished he would have just stayed on the bench seeing the stick he is getting now when Cisse gets off lightly or unnoticed with his pathetic two air shots he had.

Have you actually taken the time to read the Papiss Cisse thread?

I have sympathy for Mitro in that we shouldn't have bought him in the first place. He hasn't got the mobility needed to be a decent striker in the PL. We'd have got rid of Cisse pre season if we could have, the fact that we knew this and that the need for a proven goal scorer was essential, buying Mitro was a truly terrible decision.

We had Cisse, Rivière, Perez and Gouffran (not even true strikers) to realistically choose from and despite clearly needing 2 new strikers, with 1 being a proven goal scorer (preferable both) we bought a young lad from a poor league and seemingly without knowing his fundamental weaknesses. We'd have to play dinosaur football to get the best out of him.

When, hopefully, they disect this season I hope they realise that these birds coming home to roost were foreseeable, avoidable and almost inevitable. Had they asked any sample of supporters they'd have received better recruitment advice.

Heads need to roll.

He'll leave in the summer, become a top player elsewhere, and the people slagging him off will have their 'doesn't matter, he didn't do it here' argument even though he's a kid in a new league, poor team, seemingly being relied upon at the minute to win us the game when that useless prat Cisse does bugger all for an hour. No coincidence we seem to create more as soon as that change has been made during the game.

Bingo

I like him, but he's not becoming a 'top player' anywhere.

Bingo

I like him, but he's not becoming a 'top player' anywhere.

Spot on. Was it Porto who we pipped to the post for his signing? Wouldn't be surprised to see him go there and do well in that sort of division. But I'd put a lot of money on him never having a memorable career in the top three/four leagues. He's got attributes and will improve, but he's got a fairly serious case of donkeyitis as well.