Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

It looked bad on BT, when the slowed it right down, but surely you can say that about many similar challenges? Mariner was looking for the lad, from the off and our young Serb is going to have to wise up.

Yellow card would have done, IMO.

He needs to calm down if even just for a couple of months to get the media or referees off his back. He'll get sent off every second or third game if he keeps going the way he is. Reputation counts for an awful lot

Big test of our ability to manage his personality. This has the potential to go very wrong - we could overcoach him to be too timid, taking his edge away and blunting his important aggression. On the other hand, we could fail to control his aggression and end up with a player that's not to be trusted on the pitch. Methinks Steve Black and the psychological team will have a real job on their hands in the time he's suspended.

Did himself no favours getting that yellow in his first match. The cunt brigade that is premier refs have marked him from the off.

Don't forget the type of shit Wenger etc will whisper in the refs ear before the game. Mitro bossed them and scored in the CL, no way AW would let that shit stand. Let the ref know he's as dirty as fuck from the off, then it's there in his mind. Guaranteed.

Wenger's a cheating prick and always has been. Amazes me (or not) how popular he is with the false 9 brigade. Then again, he's a saint next to Mourinho.

:lol:

It's just going to say reckless/dangerous. All interpretation s***.

My interpretation is that it was neither.

Howard Webb said after the game that intent doesn't come into it, and that it all comes down to whether the tackle was dangerous. Studs up onto the shin / foot automatically makes it dangerous (in the modern game).

Sadly that's just the way it is. Pointless arguing about it.

Either way he needs to wise up because he's a marked man and he has brought it on himself.

It isn't at all pointless arguing about it. It's your (or Howard Webb's) interpretation that studs up to the shin automatically makes something dangerous, where as it is my opinion that Howard Webb is full of shit, and for it to be dangerous it has to have some speed/force behind it, which is normally caused by severe recklessness or malice. There is no way this is a red card, whether it's 2015 or 1915.

The sad thing is that he was clearly gagging to get out there and play in front of St James, you could see that in his pre-match interview. I'm not sure if he's maybe trying too hard as a result, or he's just a clumsy tackler, but his past record does seem to suggest it's a trait of his game. We need to get him to just rein it in a touch, not get rid of the aggression altogether, that's what actually makes him a perfect match for this club.

Can't help think he had the disallowed penalty in mind myself. I think he knew he fucked up and it was his first chance to 'right' that decision.

Absolutely. Then he just kept compensating more throughout the game.

There's nothing quite like a ref or his decision that ends up being bigger than the result the players and the fans watching. Fucking refs are ridiculous and they're rarely held accountable.

It's just going to say reckless/dangerous. All interpretation s***.

My interpretation is that it was neither.

Howard Webb said after the game that intent doesn't come into it, and that it all comes down to whether the tackle was dangerous. Studs up onto the shin / foot automatically makes it dangerous (in the modern game).

Sadly that's just the way it is. Pointless arguing about it.

Either way he needs to wise up because he's a marked man and he has brought it on himself.

It isn't at all pointless arguing about it. It's your (or Howard Webb's) interpretation that studs up to the shin automatically makes something dangerous, where as it is my opinion that Howard Webb is full of s***, and for it to be dangerous it has to have some speed/force behind it, which is normally caused by severe recklessness or malice. There is no way this is a red card, whether it's 2015 or 1915.

Hey, my view might be skewed by a visit to A&E after a "studs up, no malice, no force" tackle in one of the teams I used to play for. You can absolutely do damage at slow speed with no malice. Thankfully in my case it was just bad bruising, but it could have been worse.

You can do damage with any tackle at any speed, it doesn't mean it should be banned from the game, and it certainly doesn't mean his actions were "dangerous".

The sad thing is that he was clearly gagging to get out there and play in front of St James, you could see that in his pre-match interview. I'm not sure if he's maybe trying too hard as a result, or he's just a clumsy tackler, but his past record does seem to suggest it's a trait of his game. We need to get him to just rein it in a touch, not get rid of the aggression altogether, that's what actually makes him a perfect match for this club.

Absolutely this. The people who are advocating, probably rightly, that if earlier incidents like his two earlier bookings and the penalty decision in this game would left out of the equation a yellow and a stern telling off would have sufficed need to ask themselves would they have left him on the pitch after that or taken him off as a precaution? This happened in the 16th minute and surely any leeway would have been gone so he would have had to play in a very controlled manner for the remaining 74 minutes + ET, and I don't think he has that in him. As much as it's valid to suggest the sport has gone soft and the referee could have been a bit more lenient, there is also undeniably a problem with the player himself, who just looks like an accident waiting to happen at this stage. Also, his card will not only be marked with referees, but also opposition players and managers who will try to use his reputation against him from now on. A lot of work is to be done to keep that bit of aggression that makes him a nuisance as a part of his game without it spilling over quite so frequently.

Gave up reading .com years ago, found myself disagreeing with them far too much.  Unfortunately the media have highlighted Mitrovic heavily already so anything like this was going to get blown up.  For what it's worth I don't think it's a red, but can understand why it could be interpreted as such.  Would have preferred him to play against Watford and West Ham but I still think Cisse and Perez can do a job in those games.

If it was any other player on the pitch, it would have been a yellow.

I've watched it three or four times and I still think it was nothing more than a yellow.

His leg imo makes a natural movement for the ball, his eyes were only on the ball. It's a bad challenge and mistimed, but not malicious.

It also wasn't very high, he connected with his foot rather than his leg.

If it was further up the leg, it'd be a dangerous challenge and a red - but it wasn't.

I also don't believe the referee made the decision himself, he seemed to be talking on his mouthpiece before he pulled out the red. His angle was also blocked by Anita.