Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

Three goals when it's too late don't get Mitro off the hook for a season of unmitigated shite. Only shown heart when it's too late - where the fuck was that attitude before the Sunderland game? All too happy to amble around doing piss all, before the big derby game. He's appalling with the ball at his feet. No pace, no tricks, no discernible footballing skill. I was so excited when he arrived, but I saw things in him that just aren't there based on the available evidence of this season. He may develop some parts of his game in the future but right now, he's not better than peak Sherla.

Shola could play back in the day. Was promising when he was in the Eng under 21 set-up. Had a few tricks, could beat a man, reasonable strength, his shooting hadn't deteriorated to the shooting power of a three-year old, even showed traces of having goalscoring instincts and movement. Never consistent admittedly and it all went (hilariously) to pot, of course, but his insanely slow and lackadaisical end of career form shouldn't colour that he was a pretty reasonable third/fourth choice striker for a while (depending on who you saw was higher up the pecking order between him and Lua Lua).

Take 50 odd off of Shearer.  Not real goals.  Take tap ins from a yard away, as well.

Tap ins show that a striker can get into the positions to score easy goals, it's one of the most important things for a striker to get into a position to score tap ins. Penalties are just a free chance to score from 12 yards and nothing at all to do with how good a striker is

Take 50 odd off of Shearer.  Not real goals.  Take tap ins from a yard away, as well.

Tap ins show that a striker can get into the positions to score easy goals, it's one of the most important things for a striker to get into a position to score tap ins. Penalties are just a free chance to score from 12 yards and nothing at all to do with how good a striker is

Yeah, penalties have a 100% success rate and have nothing to do with any kind of skill, composure or technical ability :lol:

I don't think penalties should be counted in goalscoring tallies if you really want to judge a player based on them

[emoji38] [emoji38]

He still put the penalty away.

Well obviously but I'm not going to base how good a striker is on scoring a penalty

Yeah, penalties have a 100% success rate and have nothing to do with any kind of skill, composure or technical ability [emoji38]

Yes because I said those things. It's a free shot under no pressure with just a goalkeeper to beat from 12 yards. It's a shot that will never be replicated in actual gameplay and doesn't reflect how good a striker someone is

Yeah, penalties have a 100% success rate and have nothing to do with any kind of skill, composure or technical ability [emoji38]

Yes because I said those things. It's a free shot under no pressure with just a goalkeeper to beat from 12 yards. It's a shot that will never be replicated in actual gameplay and doesn't reflect how good a striker someone is

Really?

:lol: People really dislike this lad for absolutely no reason, it's incredible.

He's scored 3 goals in his last 1 and a half games and singlehandedly tried to keep us in this league, he has shown more effort and passion to a club he's been at for less than a year than some players who were born and bred at the club. He's 21 and coming into a much more competitive league than he has ever played in, he had a poor start and some bad misses but he's also tried to get into the positions despite being played up front on his own for most of the season with dogshit support and balls lumped up to him with two centre backs right on him.

He is by far the worst player for anyone to have a pop at this season and apart from Elliot probably one of the very few who could come out with some credit.

To compare him to Shola is absolutely laughable and shows a distinct lack of football knowledge.

Really?

Yes

But tap ins, are fine?  Because they always show good movement or that he can get into a good position?  What about deflected shots, that were on target, take them away as well?   

It's not always the case.  But good, composed penalty takers, are often good finishers or prolific scorers.  I don't see why they should be discounted from goal totals. 

No pressure when taking a penalty?  What absolute drivel :lol:

Whilst it should be extremely easy, for a pro to score from there.  There are a multitiude of factors to consider and if anything, are far more pressured than a quick snapshot or a one on one, where you just instinctively hit it. 

But tap ins, are fine?  Because they always show good movement or that he can get into a good position?  What about deflected shots, that were on target, take them away as well?   

It's not always the case.  But good, composed penalty takers, are often good finishers or prolific scorers.  I don't see why they should be discounted from goal totals.

A player that consistently gets tap ins clearly has good movement, and that's the most important thing for a striker. A deflected shot generally is a shot on target that gets deflected so again it's either a decent shot in the first place or you got into a decent position by good movement.

I just don't think taking a good penalty has that much to do with being a good footballer. The best tactic for hitting a penalty is probably low and hard to a corner I'm sure you'd agree, a lot of the best players try to place it instead like they would in an actual match situation and as a result aren't great penalty takers, Messi, Suarez, Neymar as examples. I don't think that makes them a worse or better footballer either way

Edit: No pressure from opposing players is what I meant by no pressure, should have been clearer

For me though, it's where do you draw the line.  Mitrovic's header against Norwich took a massive deflection.  He scored against Spurs, when he was basically just stood on the line from a corner and bundled it in.  A lot of goals are about luck, or just a lucky break of the ball.  So why are they fine by you, but a penalty makes no odds?  I've always found the 'penalties aren't real goals' argument, a bit of a strange one.

Guest reefatoon

No pressure when taking a penalty?  What absolute drivel :lol:

Whilst it should be extremely easy, for a pro to score from there.  There are a multitiude of factors to consider and if anything, are far more pressured than a quick snapshot or a one on one, where you just instinctively hit it. 

It's probably more pressure as the game stops, and you have to try and keep your cool. Much easier to instinctively hit it. 

Guest reefatoon

TBF to triggs.  He did clarify his point and say no pressure from the opposition. 

Yep that's true

For me though, it's where do you draw the line.  Mitrovic's header against Norwich took a massive deflection.  He scored against Spurs, when he was basically just stood on the line from a corner and bundled it in.  A lot of goals are about luck, or just a lucky break of the ball.  So why are they fine by you, but a penalty makes no odds?  I've always found the 'penalties aren't real goals' argument, a bit of a strange one.

Because they are actually in play, of course you're going to get lucky goals but even in those situations you've usually done at least something good in an actual game play situation that made sure you were in the right place to get lucky. A penalty isn't replicated at any other time in a real game situation

Mitrovic has 8 PL goals this season, the almighty Ameobi managed to better that a whopping one (1) time in his whole career here.

One would think it'd be time to log off when you start romanticizing peak Ameobi.

Guest neesy111

Mitrovic has 8 PL goals this season, the almighty Ameobi managed to better that a whopping one (1) time in his whole career here.

One would think it'd be time to log off when you start romanticizing peak Ameobi.

Shola never started most of a season for us though.