Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

He doesn't yet have the selfish streak most strikers have. The majority of strikers would have taken the shot rather than pass the ball to Atsu against Cardiff today. I noticed during the cup game against Preston that he'd often pass to a team mate when you'd expect him to shoot. A lack of confidence in his own shooting abilities or too busy trying to be the great team mate?

Think that's a bit of a weird way of looking at it - it was great movement and passing from him, really composed. I didn't see the rest of the game, mind, so you could well have a point about his general play.

He twice got the ball fired at his feet in the first half with his back to goal and turned their defender all in one movement and put us on the front foot. Was bad defending to go diving in but his hold up play was really good yesterday I thought. Thought he should have hit the target with a cross in the 2nd half (Dummett I think) but other than that I thought he played well

He doesn't yet have the selfish streak most strikers have. The majority of strikers would have taken the shot rather than pass the ball to Atsu against Cardiff today. I noticed during the cup game against Preston that he'd often pass to a team mate when you'd expect him to shoot. A lack of confidence in his own shooting abilities or too busy trying to be the great team mate?

He was playing for the team by passing, to me that shows growing maturity rather than lack of confidence.

He was playing for the team by passing, to me that shows growing maturity rather than lack of confidence.

I only saw the very limited highlights of the Cardiff game. I doubt many strikers would have passed in the same situation. I was at the Preston game. He scored 2 but he could easily have scored a few more. He kept passing to team mates when I expected him to shoot. To be fair to him, that might be the best option for him as he isn't exactly clinical with his finishing. I can't think of many goals he has scored from outside the box. So far in his NUFC career he isn't known for blasting shots on target from range. At the moment I'd say he was a hold up target man and close range striker.

He's hardly lacking confidence or selfishness. He was desperate for the penalty (which a lot on here saw as a problem too)

He's simply picking out people in a better position. Against Preston he had the keeper between him and the goal, he gave Diame an open net. There was a defender between him and the keeper yesterday, while Atsu was free. He's got good awareness.

Also loving how he's putting defenders on they're arses with his footwork a bit lately. :lol:

A couple of weeks ago he'd have smashed a shot into the defender rather than playing Atsu in for the goal.

His all round play seems to be improving, as does his temper, benefits more than likely down to Rafa.

Think this lad could really keep improving under Rafa and go on to be a class player, has the raw talent but just needs polishing and we have the best man in place to do that.

Good bloke. Like him a lot and don't get the over critism and indeed adulation.

He's a great character and wears his heart on his sleeve, that alone makes him deserving of the praise for me. Players like that are increasingly rare in the world of money football and should be celebrated.

He twice got the ball fired at his feet in the first half with his back to goal and turned their defender all in one movement and put us on the front foot. Was bad defending to go diving in but his hold up play was really good yesterday I thought. Thought he should have hit the target with a cross in the 2nd half (Dummett I think) but other than that I thought he played well

Yeah, he looked better dribbling and turning players, his chest control was superb, as well.  How much of it is due to playing in a shit division and how much of it is due to him improving?  Bit of both, I reckon.

He still doesn't look like a natural finisher, though.  I thought there were a couple of times where he made the wrong run or reacted bit slowly.  Missed a sitter when he had loads of time from the Dummett cross and also totally missed the ball when Shelvey found him from a corner.  Sort of stabbed at it with the outside of his right foot, when he should have tried with his left from the angle. 

I thought he was arguably our best player, mind.  Nobody played particularly well, but Mitro always looked a threat.  Especially in the first half. 

I cant wait Wales-Serbia game ...

When quality premiereship(Tadic,Matic)  and other classy mids and wingers start to feed him with the balls he will show his finishing skills.And yes..he changed his game a lot in past few months.He isnt selfish anymore,thats why so many pases to other attackers while he is in good chance to score by himself

Ajmo Mitre...

A couple of weeks ago he'd have smashed a shot into the defender rather than playing Atsu in for the goal.

His all round play seems to be improving, as does his temper, benefits more than likely down to Rafa.

Think this lad could really keep improving under Rafa and go on to be a class player, has the raw talent but just needs polishing and we have the best man in place to do that.

I think that's the key difference for me this season. The goal he scored in the previous game, and his link play for the Atsu goal showed real composure. If that becomes a regular feature of his game we'll have a real player on our hands. I know the passion and aggression is all very exciting, but the coolness in front of goal will be the real asset for a striker.