Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

He's the least of our problems :lol: In his very first season in the Prem he had 9 goals. For a young guy, that isn't half bad. Unfortunately he hasn't looked the part this season for various reasons, but he might still prove to be useful (again).

Look at Joshua King. Unfortunately football fans are incredibly fickle and quick to jump the gun.

If he could find a yard of pace he'd be a threat to any team, definitely could afford to lose a bit of weight. So it's a simple solution for him if he wants any success with the team?

he also needs to find the ability to shoot,score,head and control a ball. unfortunately these won't ever come as he's f***ing useless, he'd be the first out of  the door for me

All of this arises from his lack of pace imho.. he never goes clear on goal because he's not quick enough, he does however win his fair share of headed balls to link the rest of the team.

He doesn't get enough chances on goal generally whether it's his feet or his head because again, he's too slow.. most of the defenders around him simply get there first.

He's not had an easy first two seasons with us, and to come from a team where he was banging the goals in to a league where pace is everything, his confidence in front of goal must be shot at this point.

There's a proper center forward in him somewhere and I believe if he shed a bit of weight and found an extra step he could be very good once again.

At the very least he's a good option to have to come on and unsettle any team. The lad is a beast.

You don't need pace to have finishing instinct. Robbie Fowler wasn't quick, neither was mackem striker Kevin Phillips. That's Mitrovic's biggest drawback, he's not good in the penalty box.

With respect, your argument is flawed. While Fowler and Phillips were both excellent players, the standard in the PL was considerably poorer back then in terms of how teams were organised.

He needs to improve a lot to warrant a place in the team, we can all agree on that. The only real debate is whether he can or not.

He wasn't even ahead of Darryl fucking Murphy in the pecking order of a championship team....that says it all

Can't run,can't shoot,can't score,can't head a ball.....all things a striker needs really

The idiots on here who think he is good need to go stand in a corner and have a word with themselves

To the guy who compared Josh king....really??. King has pace to burn and is a natural finisher. Cool calm clinical

He has the same weakness as Andy Carroll.........he does not anticipate what ia about to happen or may happen, he reacts when it has already happened

He has none of the strengths though. Carroll is a monster in the air, and he strikes a decent shot as well.

If he could find a yard of pace he'd be a threat to any team, definitely could afford to lose a bit of weight. So it's a simple solution for him if he wants any success with the team?

he also needs to find the ability to shoot,score,head and control a ball. unfortunately these won't ever come as he's f***ing useless, he'd be the first out of  the door for me

All of this arises from his lack of pace imho.. he never goes clear on goal because he's not quick enough, he does however win his fair share of headed balls to link the rest of the team.

He doesn't get enough chances on goal generally whether it's his feet or his head because again, he's too slow.. most of the defenders around him simply get there first.

He's not had an easy first two seasons with us, and to come from a team where he was banging the goals in to a league where pace is everything, his confidence in front of goal must be shot at this point.

There's a proper center forward in him somewhere and I believe if he shed a bit of weight and found an extra step he could be very good once again.

At the very least he's a good option to have to come on and unsettle any team. The lad is a beast.

You don't need pace to have finishing instinct. Robbie Fowler wasn't quick, neither was mackem striker Kevin Phillips. That's Mitrovic's biggest drawback, he's not good in the penalty box.

With respect, your argument is flawed. While Fowler and Phillips were both excellent players, the standard in the PL was considerably poorer back then in terms of how teams were organised.

He needs to improve a lot to warrant a place in the team, we can all agree on that. The only real debate is whether he can or not.

Doesn't matter what era you play in, as a striker you can either finish or you can't. George Best played in the 70's, who would you fancy in a one on one, him or Mitro?

He's the least of our problems :lol: In his very first season in the Prem he had 9 goals. For a young guy, that isn't half bad. Unfortunately he hasn't looked the part this season for various reasons, but he might still prove to be useful (again).

Look at Joshua King. Unfortunately football fans are incredibly fickle and quick to jump the gun.

I agree with that assessment basically, but there's a big question over whether the club can afford to carry Mitro for long enough to see what happens. FWIW I think we'll sign one striker and he'll stay as a squad player.

Was Joshua King ever "shit"? or was he not "detected" in the past due to simply being a young player who's progressing?

I think Mitro's problem is that, yes while he is work-in-progress, he's still showing some shit stuff as the same time that's throwing reasonable doubts about whether he will become effective enough for us.

if we are wanting to become a top half club we need to get shot of the shit that contributed to us being relegated in the first place that includes

Mitrovic,Perez,Dummet,Colback,Lascelles,Anita,Gouffran etc......not one of them is premier league quality

He wasn't even ahead of Darryl f***ing Murphy in the pecking order of a championship team....that says it all

Can't run,can't shoot,can't score,can't head a ball.....all things a striker needs really

The idiots on here who think he is good need to go stand in a corner and have a word with themselves

To the guy who compared Josh king....really??. King has pace to burn and is a natural finisher. Cool calm clinical

Did you consider Josh King as a natural finisher when he scored 5 goals in 64 games for Blackburn? Or 1 in 19 when at Hull?

He wasn't even ahead of Darryl f***ing Murphy in the pecking order of a championship team....that says it all

Did you consider Josh King as a natural finisher when he scored 5 goals in 64 games for Blackburn? Or 1 in 19 when at Hull?

Do you want us to just keep him forever in the hope he starts scoring at some stage?

Can't believe people want to keep him. We've seen time and time again he can't finish straight forward chances and some out right sitters. He was decent in the Prem but because of his age we might get a decent fee for him. I'd cash in and put it towards our new main striker.

Can't believe people want to keep him. We've seen time and time again he can't finish straight forward chances and some out right sitters. He was decent in the Prem but because of his age we might get a decent fee for him. I'd cash in and put it towards our new main striker.

If someone wants to buy him then fine, i wouldn't actively sell him though. Mainly because i feel like he could be a decent option off the bench as a 3rd option.

To be clear i think we should be buying a quality striker and it will always be him and/or Gayle.

I don't think we can afford him missing straight forward chances in the Premier League which is a big worry for me. His misses could be the difference in staying up, european football etc. All players miss chances of course but I've never seen a striker miss so many clear cut as this guy this season.

Guest neesy111

He either needs sold or needs to start scoring goals otherwise this thread will be like groundhog day.

I don't think we can afford him missing straight forward chances in the Premier League which is a big worry for me. His misses could be the difference in staying up, european football etc. All players miss chances of course but I've never seen a striker miss so many clear cut as this guy this season.

All strikers miss chances, the problem with Mitro is that he doesn't look like he's got any finisher's instincts at all, otherwise you might say he's young and will develop. But I don't think that's something you should need to learn once you are over 18. For example, I'll bet Adam Armstrong is a far better finisher, his problem is he just probably can't cut it physically at the top level.

If we are relying on him for goals sure, but i'd have him be 3rd choice at best who only plays when two players are injured or as a sub when chasing a game.

I don't think it's a massive issue in that regard, problem is i don't think we'll get much for him at all. If someone even gives half of what we paid for him then fine sell him.

Do you want us to just keep him forever in the hope he starts scoring at some stage?

Usually I have to go to a cornfield to find such an exemplary strawman.

I think we should loan him out rather than sell. Can just see him at someone like Lazio or Roma scoring 15-18 in Serie A by 25-26 and us wondering why we sold him so soon.

I think we should loan him out rather than sell. Can just see him at someone like Lazio or Roma scoring 15-18 in Serie A by 25-26 and us wondering why we sold him so soon.

Wouldn't get in either of those teams but I know what you're getting at.

Fully agree - would much rather see him go elsewhere for a year and see if he can get his confidence back before we get rid permanently.

You probably have more youngsters who looked "promising" early on and then disappeared without hearing anything about them than the likes of Kalinics.