Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

Some appear to have forgotten that he’s not the goal scorer that motd made out, he misses far too many good chances; he’s too slow and he struggles to last 90 minutes. He’s far better than Joselu but he’s not the answer we need. In the right team with the right set up he’ll be more than useful but I don’t think it’s us. Good luck to him, I do like him.

i don't think he's rafa's ideal striker by any stretch of the imagination but he's also not going to get anything close to his ideal striker from ashley either

i just wonder if he could be flexible enough as a coach to keep mitro and gayle and look to spend the money he does have on say kenedy and some better quality support so he's got players with enough pace and quality behind mitro so he's not isolated...it works for serbia pretty well because that young lad supports mitro very well and the wide players also get up and down well

you'd have to play 4-2-3-1 basically

-----shelvey----diame----

new-----new----kenedy

--------mitro--------

that's a massive ask obviously, but even if you could get 2 of those positions upgraded behind mitro and use perez/murphy/atsu/ritchie even aarons as well you could get a functioning system with goals in it without straying too far from rafa's blueprint

futile hoping i guess but still

Some appear to have forgotten that he’s not the goal scorer that motd made out, he misses far too many good chances; he’s too slow and he struggles to last 90 minutes. He’s far better than Joselu but he’s not the answer we need. In the right team with the right set up he’ll be more than useful but I don’t think it’s us. Good luck to him, I do like him.

Are you for real with this argument? The striker you want is 60+ mil striker. Good luck with that.

I think that bigger issue is that Mitrovic doesn't want to play for us again.

Guest covmag

lots for and against this fella.i hope Bosnia get through as his value and profile will continue to rise.  O0

he clearly isn't wanted so we just need to move on, he will go with all our best wishes when it happens, good luck to him i say.

Are you for real with this argument? The striker you want is 60+ mil striker. Good luck with that.

Where have I said that I want a £60M striker? I’d love to cash in on Mitro and get an upgrade on him; he’s got too many basic flaws for me and if (big if) Rafa was given up to £30M to spend on a striker I’d love to see who he comes up with to suit his plans.

Where have I said that I want a £60M striker? I’d love to cash in on Mitro and get an upgrade on him; he’s got too many basic flaws for me and if (big if) Rafa was given up to £30M to spend on a striker I’d love to see who he comes up with to suit his plans.

Might as well have just put 'won't get' tbh. With prices they are now we have no chance of signing a better striker, not while Ashley is in control of the money.

lots for and against this fella.i hope Bosnia get through as his value and profile will continue to rise.  O0

he clearly isn't wanted so we just need to move on, he will go with all our best wishes when it happens, good luck to him i say.

Wrong Balkan country

Think they have the 1 and 3 the wrong way around.

No way is his value less than £15-20m. Not when you look at some of the shite being signed for 20+ in recent times.

International striker and his nations leading front man. £15-20+ in anyone's money

Guest Howaythetoon

He’s worth 20m easily and if I were Fulham I’d try and break the bank for him because he may well be the difference between them staying up or going down.

I’m hoping whatever we get for him if we do plan to sell him which is looking likely that the money will be used towards a more rounded forward.

Again I really like Abraham, I don’t think he’s a goal scorer, but I like his all-round game or rather the potential he has for his game to be developed further.

He’s like a younger Wellbeck who I also rate, he’s no goal scorer either despite decent figures, but he is someone who can bring more to the team in terms of his play and game more than mere goals which I don’t think a Rafa team needs or will ever be set up to get from a forward.

At Liverpool he had Torres of course who scored a lot of goals, but I don’t think he was signed primarily for that, he just so happened to develop into a goal scorer along with all of his other traits.

I think a Wellbeck/Abraham type forward would free up Perez more who can be more creative if not bogged down in a defensive forward role which he plays at current and give our team more of focal point up front that can compliment how the team is set up and help others in our team to be more productive or function better.

Mitrovic could come back and be the main man, but that would require him tweaking his game massively which I don’t think he has the tools to do or Rafa adopting a totally different way of playing which I don’t think he will do either.

He’s someone who needs the team built around him and I don’t see enough in him to justify that for the kind of returns it would bring say over other options.

It’s interesting that Rafa said if we had two proper wingers and put Mitrovic up front and played more direct he would get 20 goals in the PL when questioned about the wisdom of loaning him out back in Jan because such a goal return would you’d imagine guarantee safety which at the moment is the priority. 

Rafa obviously wants us to develop a certain way towards a certain end goal though rather than be one dimensional and reliant on a main man as we were for so many years with Shearer.

Either way I trust Rafa whatever he decides when it comes to Mitro, but if he does comes back, he has to be utilised more because he’s too good to sit on the bench doing fuck all or to play second fiddle to fucking Joselu. That and we cannot afford to allow someone who right now is someone we could get good money for, to devalue.

Sell. It makes 100% sense for all parties.

Guest Howaythetoon

Honestly think Rafa would keep Mitro if we had players in the positions surrounding him that could feed him. We lack that quality though.

Even with the players we have we could get more out of Mitrovic if we modified how we are set up and how we play, but it’s clear to me anyway how Rafa wants us to play with the players we have and how he’d ideally like us to play if he was allowed to bring in better quality which would exclude a player like Mitrovic.

Mitrovic doesn’t have the energy to drop deep, press and be a bridge for others to cross like how Perez plays or even Gayle for us.

He’s best left up top alone against a backline with little defensive duties to tax him and lots of crosses sent in or direct balls for him to control and lay off for wide men or midfield runners which we lack.

Like how he plays for Fulham basically.

Honestly think Rafa would keep Mitro if we had players in the positions surrounding him that could feed him. We lack that quality though.

If Rafa thought that highly of him, he'd find the players to surround him. Strikers are the most expensive commodities to buy, why would you get rid of one you rate?

If Rafa thought that highly of him, he'd find the players to surround him. Strikers are the most expensive commodities to buy, why would you get rid of one you rate?

Essentially need three new players to accomodate one, when he could find one new player to accomodate what he already has. If he’s got a limited budget (which we know he has), that approach makes sense.

I think you guys are over thinking things. Rafa just doesn't rate his game high enough IMO, coupled with a questionable temperament.

Rafa wants someone with pace who can run the channels, like Torres used to do. Mitro Mitro is never going to do that.

I think you guys are over thinking things. Rafa just doesn't rate his game high enough IMO, coupled with a questionable temperament.

Rafa wants someone with pace who can run the channels, like Torres used to do. Mitro Mitro is never going to do that.

yet we're linked with bas dost every five minutes and knackers like jorgensen (who granted does the channel thing)

i'd like to think rafa is flexible enough to reconsider mitro given his attitude and all round game recently has been pretty spot on...watching his with fulham and serbia has shown how to get what you want from mitro...have some pace and support around him plus whip a few crosses in and you're set

i know hopeful but if he replaces mitro he's gonna get dogshit in return...surely better to try and sign 2 better players to play behind him with pace and quality, which we needed anyway

also would say that if he plays a full season next season, even with our squad as it is i reckon he's a double figures striker fairly easily myself, and that's better than what we had last season

Essentially need three new players to accomodate one, when he could find one new player to accomodate what he already has. If he’s got a limited budget (which we know he has), that approach makes sense.

:thup: it's pure pragmatism from Rafa, which we need given his financial constraints.

:thup:

it doesn't make sense when the getting the one player is going to be a virtual impossibility though

much easier to buy attacking forwards than strikers of the quality we need...we'll neither pay the fee nor the wages required to get a striker good enough imo

I must confess, I was watching Mitro the other day and questioned our ability to replace him with the money we are likely to get for him.

Say we get 20m for him, I can't see any way in which we will get someone clearly better and I don't even rate him that highly.

I would be surprised if a "bigger" club doesn't come in for him. He would be an attractive option for anyone in a so called lesser league. Roma, Porto, someone like that.

Guest neesy111

I absolutely despise that website and it's valuations.  :lol:  So many transfer rumour sites use it as a guide for some reason, and they clog up my newsnow.

:lol:

:thup:

I must confess, I was watching Mitro the other day and questioned our ability to replace him with the money we are likely to get for him.

Say we get 20m for him, I can't see any way in which we will get someone clearly better and I don't even rate him that highly.

I would be surprised if a "bigger" club doesn't come in for him. He would be an attractive option for anyone in a so called lesser league. Roma, Porto, someone like that.

what people are saying is that instead of buying better wide forwards and attacking midfielders to play off mitro we'd be better to sell him and replace one player to play with the ones we have - i'd say that's a +£30m striker because you'd need someone who could more or less guarantee you 15-20 goals

that isn't happening for us

alternatively if you stick with mitro and sign a couple of players for around the £20m mark instead to augment what we already have i reckon you'd be looking at +10 goals from mitro and you'd have to assume a decent contribution from those playing around/behind him

i was for selling him tbh but no longer convinced due to the way we're obviously not even going to bother really trying in the market - getting a striker of the requisite quality simply isn't happening unless rafa has a gem scouted somewhere