Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

I don't know what Rafa's take on it is, but I haven't felt confident in Lascelles for a long time. He's got at least one gaffe in him per game, and he switches off regularly. Mbemba does the same tbh, can be having a stormer then for some reason he'll be marking space and the ball's in the back of the net. Then Hanley is just a slow lumbering oaf. Don't fancy Rafa's job to pick two out of that lot if Clark's still unfit.

Only watched the C5 highlights but i didn't think he was particularly a fault for any of the goals.

The goal which put them 2-1 up he was playing for offside and misjudged it giving the opponent a clear path to goal.

He's taking the bulk of the stick, thread title is awful. Think personally he's just hit a rocky patch, clearly more comfortable with Clark alongside. Still young, convinced he's still going to have a good career.

Only watched the C5 highlights but i didn't think he was particularly a fault for any of the goals.

The goal which put them 2-1 up he was playing for offside and misjudged it giving the opponent a clear path to goal.

iirc, him and Hanley were in line, it was Atsu and someone else playing them on. I think whoever is in the FB position should be aware enough to hold the line with the CBs.

He's taking the bulk of the stick, thread title is awful. Think personally he's just hit a rocky patch, clearly more comfortable with Clark alongside. Still young, convinced he's still going to have a good career.

I think it's weird how all of a sudden he is shit scared of the ball. I'm sure he wasn't like that earlier in the season. Seem to remember him being comfortable.

His poor form started while Clark was alongside him so that's not an excuse at all like.

:lol: OP/some mod changes thread title, WEVE TURNED ON OUR OWN, FOR SHAME.

Mature.

The kid has been taking a load of stick from all angles, thread title tops it off. You're not allowed to have a bad period as a Newcastle player.

Mature.

The kid has been taking a load of stick from all angles, thread title tops it off. You're not allowed to have a bad period as a Newcastle player.

His bad period is most of the season.

Mature.

His bad period is most of the season.

Hmm, probably wouldn't agree with that. He's not been the better of the two centre halves but I don't think he was 'bad' earlier in the season. He's going through a bad period now, which also coincides with pretty much everyone else.

Mature.

Smidge of exaggeration, no? When players have bad periods, they get called crap, it's pretty much par for the course. If you play poorly for an extended period of time, people will lose faith, it's inevitable. What exactly do you expect? He's not the only one being criticised right now.

Either way, it's not a death sentence. People ended up appreciating Nicky fucking Butt. So I think the "You're not allowed to have a bad period as a Newcastle player" statement is a tad hyperbolic.

He's been decent most games tbf, few howlers but not as bad as people make out like. Tries too much if anything, but good in the air and generally keeps it simple on the floor

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Mature.

Smidge of exaggeration, no? When players have bad periods, they get called crap, it's pretty much par for the course. If you play poorly for an extended period of time, people will lose faith, it's inevitable. What exactly do you expect? He's not the only one being criticised right now.

Either way, it's not a death sentence. People ended up appreciating Nicky f***ing Butt. So I think the "You're not allowed to have a bad period as a Newcastle player" statement is a tad hyperbolic.

I don't think it is, it happens time and time again. Think back to Christmas when Richie wasn't in great form, loads of shite written about him. He had one bad game the other day and stifler was straight on his back - that was stifler though to be fair.

Jesus, look at some of the stuff that's been written about benitez the last couple of weeks.

Maybe it happens at all clubs but always tend to feel we jump on people pretty quickly.

generally keeps it simple on the floor

Hasn't done so second half of the season and constantly gives the ball away trying to be more than he is capable. If he can cut this out and keep his game simple and within his limitation he can be a decent player.

If we have two other fit centre backs I wouldn't play him for the rest of the season. Mentally he's shot, big weight on his young shoulders and he's struggling with the pressure, especially when it's crunch time and especially when it's going wrong.

He needs to concentrate on his own game and relinquish the captaincy next season, but we need to bring in someone no one can have doubt about.

I'm not his greatest fan and have never thought he should be club captain. However, although most people have noticed poor form recently it is easy for this recent 'frustration' to bias a fair take on his season. I can't recall how many, but I do recall 'man if the match' performances. He's scored 3 goals (same as Diame). Whoscored.com show him as having the sixth highest player ratings in our squad (above Gayle... But below Clark and, interestingly, Mbemba).

Dummett comes in at no.9, btw. Colback is top.... not really; but he is 17th.

https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/23/Show/England-Newcastle-United