Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

Shelvey would be a horrible captain like. Ritchie is probably the best option IMO

He fulfils the role to a large extent already tbh. Wasn't he made captain a few games this year when Lascelles was out?

Guest firetotheworks

He's really poor when it comes to losing his man, but up until then he was fine and obviously he got the goal. You can't switch off like that though, it's rule number 1.

Needs a rest, lack of professionalism and concentration has meant another 2 points dropped solely down to him. Needs to switch on for the full 90. I don't hate the lad but it's happening far far too often now, it's a flaw in his game that's been exploited time and again.

Loves to tell people when they fuck up but doesn't seem to take responsibility for his own mishaps. Sadly, these are becoming all too common. Surely can't be captain next season because he surely won't be a starter.

Other than looking like he was shitting himself when he walked on the pitch, I didn't see too much wrong/remarkable tonight. Did score mind. I haven't watched goal back yet, mind, so accept that he may be out of position.

Dont understand why hes basically been 1st choice all season, if he wasnt picked as captain I think he'd of been dropped more but Rafas digging himself to deep with this one. Just dont see anything other than passion in him, he just seems like a lumbering frigid fuck up waiting to happen every game. He isnt quick, terrible on the ball, no agility and gets caught out all the time, he doesnt even put his size to good use half the time. Granted hes chipped in with some goals and solid performances early in the season, but the amount of mistakes he makes considering he doesnt deal with half of what most defenders in the league deal with is terrible. Its just even more frustrating when Mbembas been shafted for so long.

I like he lad, he's a young player with the right attitude and I'd keep him in the squad next season as he can improve under Benitez. No way should he be starting though, not good enough currently.

He's a young centre half still, like. Plenty of time to improve and some good attributes to work with. We need 2 CBs in the Summer, no doubt, but I have faith he'll make it.

Agree with both. It's also his first full season. I think it also shows how important of a signing Clark has been. We wouldn't have conceded that goal last night - there's no way he'd have let someone be out of position like that in that stage of the game. Not unless I've got rose-tinted glasses on in the wake of that game.

Guest neesy111

Mbemba was outcasted for 6 months because of a crap performance v Wolves. Lascelles has been a big let down for me and has been for a long time. So many fuck ups in him.

There was more to it with Mbemba.