Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

Still the captain.

Compare and contrast Howe and Gerrard.  Lascelles doesn’t start, but he remains a leader and a positive influence. No issues. Mings loses his place in the first 11 and is stripped of captaincy.  Issues. Big signing Roberto Carlos injured, out for the season. Joy all around.

10 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

Still the captain.

Compare and contrast Howe and Gerrard.  Lascelles doesn’t start, but he remains a leader and a positive influence. No issues. Mings loses his place in the first 11 and is stripped of captaincy.  Issues. Big signing Roberto Carlos injured, out for the season. Joy all around.

ASlso Howe eases big signings into his teams.

Gerrard - ok new guy in. Old guy out. Oh and give me your armband too. Let me give it to.... John McGinn

19 minutes ago, christ said:

He’s not a bad player by any stretch. I’ve no idea why some on here are so utterly convinced he’s a liability who shouldn’t be anywhere near the starting XI.

He hasn't had much opportunity to redeem himself in the eyes of fans, but when he has he's stood up and been counted. Was it Everton where he scored an own goal, then equalised a minute later. memories of that last night. Can't question the bloke's character, that's for sure.

Also people can't forget what he said about Ashley, which is just childish.

He is very good for a 4th choice centre-back and a good character.  Perfectly fine for a squad player who can do a decent job when called upon. These kind of players are very important if we want a cup run.

Well done yesterday :thup:

Lascelles is least of our worries. I was more shocked Dummett is still around and he started ahead of Fernandez. Lascelles is as good a 4th choice as you can get at PL level. Plus his mentality is great for the group, he deserves to be part of a winning group. What has happened to Fede - can't even remember the last time he played now? 

Better we get as a team the more we can charge for players we don’t need (perversely). 
Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s gone by next summer.

Did well yesterday though. Outstanding character and good to see he’s well above the level of Tranmere. Not  could say about all of the rest.

26 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

Lascelles is least of our worries. I was more shocked Dummett is still around and he started ahead of Fernandez. Lascelles is as good a 4th choice as you can get at PL level. Plus his mentality is great for the group, he deserves to be part of a winning group. What has happened to Fede - can't even remember the last time he played now? 

They're just taking it very easy with Fede, he last played in December in the 1-0 win over Burnley. He's only been back in full training for a few weeks. Probably similar to why Lewis only got a half.

59 minutes ago, Rich said:

Still managed to lose the critical header at the end, mind, and lost Diaz for their best chance of the first half.

So glad Liverpool didn't score from when Diaz put Lascelles on his arse first half. Goal would have went viral for god knows how long. 

I've already mentioned it before but a couple of the people in the academy are from my area and one of the youngins went to school with my son and they can't speak highly enough about Lascelles. The squad love him to, he looks after everyone and is at the front of any bother that happens.

I thought he was a colossus for us last night, he won everything in the air, some of his passing was actually very good and he read the game really well. Pleased for him and as someone said, not many clubs can call on such a decent 4th choice CB.

I'll echo everyone else - he's never a 1st choice centre half for where we're aiming to be, but as long as he's understanding of his place as a squad CB (4th choice at that), I'd be more than happy for him to be here for a couple of more years at least.  I like him as a bloke and a professional - I also think he's a decent lower-echelons of PL class defender.  He'd be a starter at most PL bottom six clubs.