Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

44 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Seems to have learned how to pass a bit. Not perfect, but enough to not be a glaring weakness, and with that, he's an option again. Hopefully the next player to be Howe'd.

Massively been worked on you’d assume. Doesn’t play it safe all the time anymore and it’s made a huge difference. Buzzing for him as much as anyone else.

Impressive stuff. He's a Champions League player now, he's proven it these last 3 games he's more the capable of being part of this team when it's at its best.

His recovery pace is actually superior to Botmans I would say and we needed it on atleast 2 occasions tonight. Bravo!

Man that was a really impressive performance. Best I think I have seen from him in a Newcastle shirt. The recovery when Dembele got goal side of Burn was huge and such a crucial moment in the game. 

Obviously ideally want Botman fit but part of me is really pleased he got to have his moment in the limelight. He was playing for us in the championship for fuck sake. What a journey😊

33 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

Class tonight fair play, still needs upgrading in the summer.

Nah.

Still not even thirty yet, and I think he's proving he's more than worth a back up role, especially when he's got as much of a leadership role as he still seems to have. 

I cannot believe the transformation in his game. Over the last week, he has been forced into action against some of the best attackers in the world and he has done himself proud. What a professional he has been over the last 18-24 months and I could not be happier for a player, he deserved tonight as much as anyone.

1 hour ago, Dokko said:

Seems to have learned how to pass a bit. Not perfect, but enough to not be a glaring weakness, and with that, he's an option again. Hopefully the next player to be Howe'd.

Is probably one of the bigger what if's in recent time for Newcastle - was a borderline England candidate in 2018 with his passing being what caused Southgate to not pick him. 

Then when we went to a back three in 2019 he started showing flashes of rounding out his game with his distribution.   Of course, Fatty then chased out Rafa for Bruce and he stagnated like the rest of the squad for 3 years.  Just a shame he is a couple of years older than Longstaff so won't be able to get Howe'd in time for his peak years.

Edited by Pandamninator

1 minute ago, Pandamninator said:

Is probably one of the bigger what if's in recent time for Newcastle - was a borderline England candidate in 2018 with passing being what caused Southgate to pass him over. 

Then when we went to a back three in 2019 he started showing flashes of rounding out his game with his distribution.   Of course, Fatty then chased out Rafa for Bruce and he stagnated like the rest of the squad for 3 years.  Just a shame he is a couple of years older than Longstaff so won't be able to get Howe'd in time for his peak years.

What if this is him getting Howe'd?

Hit The Woah Freaking Out GIF