Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

He's worth the opportunity because at our lowest ebb last season, he looked like the only player in the back line that gave a f***.

That's worth a few games with the arm band at the very least.

He's not an evident starting player though and hasn't played much, it is a bold move.

Was thinking this. Still a gamble Imo. If you took the 4 current centre-halves at face value at half-time during the Southampton hammering, he'd have probably been number 4, 3 at a push  I just hope we're not expecting too much.

Because he had hardly played, honestly i don't why what happened before is relevant at all. He's been fantastic since he came into the side and i'm struggling to understand why it's a gamble.

I think it will help him grow and Rafa obviously sees a player that is an influence with the other players and he can trust on the pitch.

He's not an evident starting player though and hasn't played much, it is a bold move.

Was thinking this. Still a gamble Imo. If you took the 4 current centre-halves at face value at half-time during the Southampton hammering, he'd have probably been number 4, 3 at a push  I just hope we're not expecting too much.

Hm...He came on at half time for Taylor and we gave up 1 goal in the 2nd half. The rest of his team pretty much gave up while he was shouting his face off.

That's what I'm saying. Before he came on at half-time there was no indication he'd be captain. It's happened in a half dozen game spell.

Ah okay, didn't really follow your post. But yeah, I hear you.

Yeah but why does that matter? fact is since he came in the side we had one of the best defensive records in the PL, obviously he's not the only reason but he takes a huge amount of credit for that so i'm struggling to understand why it's a gamble or a risk.

It was the obvious choice and personally if it wasn't made it would have been the wrong decision.

The right choice, even though it's one that other managers wouldn't make

Crack on. :thup:

If Carver (:lol:) was still here, it would 100 % definitely have been Colback. Probably the same under Pardew and McClaren too, actually.

He looked a different player as soon as Rafa came in, a liability before and he's made massive strides in his game, plus he was verbal to the rear end of last season when everyone else was whimpering away he came out swinging. The lad is full of pashun but he's gaining the skills to back it up, absolutely the right choice for me.

He looked a different player as soon as Rafa came in, a liability before and he's made massive strides in his game, plus he was verbal to the rear end of last season when everyone else was whimpering away he came out swinging. The lad is full of pashun but he's gaining the skills to back it up, absolutely the right choice for me.

In a nutshell. :thup:

Forget age, forget experience, give the captain’s armband to the only true leader at the club – Jamaal Lascelles.

After getting sent off in the 3-0 loss to Everton, Lascelles stormed down the tunnel and was heard on camera to say, “No one gives a f***,” which, in all honesty, was true.

Well Deserved Captain Who Actually cares for this club.

He seems the kind of character who doesn't have much of an ego, so if rested won't go nuts. Would be very interested to see who our number 2 captain is. Worthy of a thread?

Delighted he's got it though. Think he'll thrive on it and won't collapse in nerves of he makes an early mistake.

I like him and appreciate his attitude, as a person deserves the role having said that I hope that this does not influence his selection, he needs to win his place in the team on merit, in my view, quite clearly our best CB is Mbemba, Hanley and Clark are new signings, Jamaal needs to show he is better than both of them to partner Mbemba in my opinion. Got a feeling though Rafa may go with Hanley/Lascelles pairing as first choice which would be a mistake. Obviously there will be some squad rotation going on here but we will still have a first choice pairing.

He also seems like quite a bright lad, the sort who will listen and learn from a top class coach.  I think working with Rafa and a season in the championship will be the making of him.

He's pretty much the opposite of Taylor.

Any England manager worth his salt would look at him because a) he's playing in a Benitez defence and b) he's our captain.

Him playing in the championship shouldn't hold back his international career. Not that I give a fuck about England but their defence is shite and needs leaders.

And yes, I do think he is THAT promising.

I like him and appreciate his attitude, as a person deserves the role having said that I hope that this does not influence his selection, he needs to win his place in the team on merit, in my view, quite clearly our best CB is Mbemba, Hanley and Clark are new signings, Jamaal needs to show he is better than both of them to partner Mbemba in my opinion. Got a feeling though Rafa may go with Hanley/Lascelles pairing as first choice which would be a mistake. Obviously there will be some squad rotation going on here but we will still have a first choice pairing.

Lascelles will be in the team on merit as the standout performer from our last 6 games last season. Hanley and Clark are the ones who need to show that they are better, not the other way around