Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

Good stuff. :thup:

Don't have go far back in this thread to find some ridiculous criticism of him though. People are very fickle. He's going to make mistakes, the main thing is he learns from them. Got a bright future and I've always thought that.

Guest Howaythetoon

Its true about working hard, it really does reap rewards regardless of ability, skills or whatever. Again I like him and can see him being a solid PL player for us.

Good stuff. :thup:

Don't have go far back in this thread to find some ridiculous criticism of him though. People are very fickle. He's going to make mistakes, the main thing is he learns from them. Got a bright future and I've always thought that.

The praise he's getting now is very well deserved :thup: The criticism he got when made mistakes during a period last season wasn't unwarranted either. It's the way football is, even though some might have gone over the top maybe, but not in general Imo. He's developed very nicely, and hopefully he can continue to grow.

Useless piece of s***!!!!

:lol:

Don't think it was well documented at the time that he was playing through a hernia tbf, many probably thought that the performances from him towards the end of last season were the norm. Evidently they were not. I hope anyway.

:lol:

I don't even remember that I said THAT kind of bad stuff, but yeah i did go too far even if I sometimes write shit which reads far worse than I actually mean. I do however remember that I was far from happy with him back then though, as he kept making mistake after mistake which cost us goals.

Certainly got his head well and truly screwed on.  Seems very genuine and grounded and not afraid to say his bit. Must be hard for a younger player to command the respect of older players (Ritchie, Shelvey etc) but clearly he does.

If he keeps this up and the rest of the younger players follow suit, I think they can all develop a lot more, especially under Rafa.

"Some may have gone over the top"

Then those two quotes :lol:

Should have put "me included" now that I see what I've said :lol: Still, probably not the only player who's received a lot of stick for performing bad....

Hindsight is a great thing, now when he looks twice the player, even if it's still early days.

He's too limited on the ball to ever be an international standard defender IMO but there's absolutely nothing stopping him being a good PL defender considering his attributes and character.

He could very well continue to improve on the ball while becoming a better all around defender at his age.

He's too limited on the ball to ever be an international standard defender IMO but there's absolutely nothing stopping him being a good PL defender considering his attributes and character.

He could very well continue to improve on the ball while becoming a better all around defender at his age.

I doubt that he will tbf, technique isn't something that is usually improved that drastically.

That's fine though, under the right setup it might not even matter.

I doubt that he will tbf, technique isn't something that is usually improved that drastically.

That's fine though, under the right setup it might not even matter.

It's not common, especially for a centre back, but i remember Tony Adams being really poor on the ball and even ridiculed for it at times but the end of his career he'd improved massively.  He was another young captain so maybe Lascelles has got something he had, hopefully anyway.

:lol: having strong opinions on whether a 22 year old can improve his ball skills a bit or not with such conviction is hilarious to me.

Why?  Technique is rarely something which improves in the middle of your career. It's something you improve before your a professional.

There's a lot of things players improve on from the ages of 22 onwards but technique is rarely one of them.

I wouldn't particularly say it's a strong opinion anyway.