Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

:lol: having strong opinions on whether a 22 year old can improve his ball skills a bit or not with such conviction is hilarious to me.

Why?  Technique is rarely something which improves in the middle of your career. It's something you improve before your a professional.

There's a lot of things players improve on from the ages of 22 onwards but technique is rarely one of them.

I wouldn't particularly say it's a strong opinion anyway.

Not asking him to suddenly turn into Sergio Ramos, but my read on his ability on the ball is more to do with his lack of confidence with it (nerves) than his inability to pass or trap the ball. His mistakes and misplaced places look more like someone who is still learning how to play his position to me.

But anyway, who gives a fuck, stupid argument. I think hes 22 and his all around game can improve with the right attitude, work and coaching (+Rafa) and that includes how he distributes the ball (be it more confidently side to side or up the pitch), how he uses his size and strength to defend/tackle, and how he contributes on the other end of the pitch....all on top of continuing to develop as a leader for this club.

“I know I’m young to be doing this,” said Lascelles, whose multi-tasking skills also enable him to balance a bowl of fruit salad on his knee while answering questions about the eye-catching form which has thrust him into the thoughts of England manager Gareth Southgate.

It's not an apple on a bike but he's young, got to start somewhere.

Players improve their technique all of the time. It's literally one of the things that get better with practice. 

Sure he'll never be peak Colo on the ball but he can certainly improve. You don't have to be THAT good on the ball to be a good defender for England.  Cahill is neat and tidy at best and he'll end up close to as many caps as Rio or John Terry (under rated with his feet).

Players improve their technique all of the time. It's literally one of the things that get better with practice. 

Sure he'll never be peak Colo on the ball but he can certainly improve. You don't have to be THAT good on the ball to be a good defender for England.  Cahill is neat and tidy at best and he'll end up close to as many caps as Rio or John Terry (under rated with his feet).

Not just practise but for a young player like Lascalles, experience and confidence.