Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

I'm not yet sure about Lascelles. He did occasionally get dropped in the Championship last season, and of our three main CBs, I could still see him being the one left out if everyone's fit.

For a centre back, he's quite good on the ball - my question marks would be against his decision-making and his physicality (or lack of it). The first area can definitely improve, and maybe the second area is partly about confidence.

Hopefully the guy can continue to develop this season, because apart from anything else, we need a leader out there.

I love the way he is demonstrating that his attitude is more than just hyperbole.

All that 'we go again' is all well and good, but if you 'go again' and you're shite again then why bother. I honestly believe this guy is improving every week, not necessarily visibly, but you can see his attitude developing.

His humble confession last week was a bigger sign of a confident, self realised young man than any goal celebration.

Yeah, you get a strong feeling from Lascelles that - even in spite of the fact he can be a little bit error prone - you wouldn't cross him as Captain. Seems like a genuine boss among the players and based on what Rafa's said about last weekend, there's a direct line between him and the manager, with a lot of trust there.

Lascelles signing this contract is a promising sign that Rafa leaving in the summer isn't a certainty.

Rafa obviously hugely rates his dressing room influence, we have missed players with his attitude to be fair even if not sure his ability is top drawer.

Clearly that must be the case. He still gets caught out now and again, but he's a good lad and at worst will always be a decent squad player so no problem with him getting a deal. Especially since Rafa is boss enough to drop him whenever he thinks he's not been pulling his weight.

Yeah, you get a strong feeling from Lascelles that - even in spite of the fact he can be a little bit error prone - you wouldn't cross him as Captain. Seems like a genuine boss among the players and based on what Rafa's said about last weekend, there's a direct line between him and the manager, with a lot of trust there.

Lascelles signing this contract is a promising sign that Rafa leaving in the summer isn't a certainty.

That relationship is key, like. Probably even more so to the player himself. Lascelles has the potential to be a rough diamond, with the determination to fulfil that potential. Rafa has the experience and craftsmanship to make him truly shine.

The reporter asked him "Any captains you've played with or seen who you take a lot from?"

Lascelles: "Well, I'd like to say a centre half, like me, but.... .... got to give it to Alan Shearer"

Definite subtle dig at Coloccini that like :lol: