Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

Sums it up that Ashley only wanted to give a bonus for 17th with no incentive to try any harder than that.

£1m more to share between the players for each position starting above 17th in the report I read. I.e 16th £1m, 15th £2m, etc. On top of the £4m for 17th.

I read that as well but didn't seem to make any fucking sense at all. Last season prize money was £1.9m per place so Ashley has agreed to give up just over 50% of each to the players? Highly doubt that myself and if it's true he's an arsehole.

Also, as i read it, the bonus was an extra 1m for 'staying up' and now the new bonus system includes extra bonuses for each place higher in the table, plus the 20m for winning the FA cup.

Exactly.

Maybe Jamaal should sort out the January transfer budget for Rafa while he's got Mike's ear.

Getting the bonus scheme changed from £1M flat for avoiding relegation, to £4M plus an extra £1M for every extra place gained under the notoriously tight Mike Ashley, that's a hell of an achievement like :lol:

Wait, from what I read before the original offer is 1m for 17th and additional 1m for each place above.  The players aren't happy for this and ask for similar offer with our rivals.  Later Captain called the fat c*** and the offer becomes 4m for 17th and additional 1m for each place above, and an additional 20m for FA cup.

So basically the player is asking for more survival bonus (3m). The bonus for each place above is the same.  Whether this is similar to our rivals is unknown, but I won't be surprised if our rivals still have better deals.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4474684/Burnley-players-huge-bonus-Premier-League-survival.html

If it's true about the £1m increment per position then I prefer ours. More incentive to go and win every game even if we're safe by April for instance. They were going to get £8.5m just to stay up, and even finishing 14th it only went up to £9m.

In terms agreed before the current season, it is understood that a pot of £8.5m will be shared out in the event of Burnley finishing 17th.

Each place higher up is worth an incremental amount. Burnley sit in 14th position at present, which equates to approximately £9m.

I don't see why that indicates anything about Rafa's future; cynical view - more like the club (read Ashley's plan) protecting potential profits/revenue.

The closing sentence of that article, but Newcastle sources have indicated he has been extremely positive and upbeat since returning to work after an operation last week., well, that's just Rafa, getting on with the job. He's not going to walk around with his pet-lip quivering and moaning to anyone who'll listen.

As much as I like him as a character, I can't help but feel he has obvious limitations that even Rafa struggles to cover up. When Rafa goes (could easily happen at the end of the season) we could be lumbered with a bit of an oaf for an extra 4 years who is lost without that direction.

Although I suppose we would be where we deserve to be the way Ashley runs things, and he'd be a very good Championship defender...

I don't see why that indicates anything about Rafa's future; cynical view - more like the club (read Ashley's plan) protecting potential profits/revenue.

The closing sentence of that article, but Newcastle sources have indicated he has been extremely positive and upbeat since returning to work after an operation last week., well, that's just Rafa, getting on with the job. He's not going to walk around with his pet-lip quivering and moaning to anyone who'll listen.

Not think he would have talked about it with Benitez before signing?