Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

Again - John Terry had great distribution. 

He wasn't known for it though was he. He was known for being a very good, ultra-commited no-nonsense defender. I dare say more CBs have had excellent distribution than they were given credit for, because ultimately they were judged on their defensive capabilities, and rightly so IMO.  I'm not interested in the defensive capabilities of a striker, i'm interested in whether he can score goals. Anything beyond that is a bonus.

John Stones is hailed as some sort of CB of the future despite being a bit of a liability. I'd far rather have a defender that can be relied upon to defend well and if he happens to have good distribution as well, that's just a bonus.

That wasn’t my point.

A few times people have made it seem like his footballing abilities were limited. His only real limitation was pace. Needed a relatively deep defence and a quick partner.  Bringing the ball out, left foot, right foot nee bother. 

Jamie Carragher was a CB who I think was excellent but pretty limited on the ball.

I agree a lot of players get away with being better on the ball but sometime dodgy at the back.

Varane’s rapid which helps with a high line. And he’s a big strong lad. But even last season I felt Pepe was the better defender and player. Antics aside Pepe was under rated. Imperious in the Euros too.

Which games did Lascelles miss this season?

Man United (a)

Chelsea (a)

I think those were two...

.. and Lecister, Watford,  West Brom.

Laughbable we conceded 15 goals in 5 games when he was out of the side, three of them at home to midtable/relegation sides. Then 25 in 25 with him in the side (well 24 in 24 1/2 as he was off injured when bournmouth scored their winner.

We would have been relegated without him no question. Player of the season by several furlongs.

Thanks for answering this and what was going to be my next question. We have one of the best defences in the league outside of the top 6 or 7. It's by and large down to this lad and his organisational skills and influence like. That's not to play down the efforts of the team like, I just think we're a far stronger side with Wor Jam.

I agree a lot of players get away with being better on the ball but sometime dodgy at the back.

Varane’s rapid which helps with a high line. And he’s a big strong lad. But even last season I felt Pepe was the better defender and player. Antics aside Pepe was under rated. Imperious in the Euros too.

Just looked Pepe up. Had no idea how decorated he was. Even on the individual bracket.

365 always seem bang on the money with us.

Dan Storey writes a lot of their articles and I'm sure I read somewhere that his father or grandfather was a Newcastle fan, so maybe he has a bit of a soft spot for us. His articles are also very good.

Guest chopey

"I don't love anybody else

Other than our captain, Jamaal Lascelles"

... to the tune of I Touch Myself

Any good or a bit noncey?

Sven Books ..................sort you right out

West Ham are planning a £15m summer move for Newcastle captain Jamaal Lascelles, according to The Sun on Sunday.

Lascelles, 24, has starred under Rafa Benitez this season, and signed a new contract in October until June 2023.

:yao: