Karl Darlow (now playing for Leeds United)

Nobody

If you don't rate him thats obviously fair enough, but from my side I saw him come into the team, pull off cracking saves, have decent distribution and generally perform excellently and win player of the season (not that there were many candidates admittedly) but the pre conceived notions about him on here mean everyone has jumped on the bandwagon of thinking hes shit.

All it takes on here is one popular poster to voice a strong opinion and the rest fall in line sometimes.

Elliot nightclub incident? Can someone fill me in?

Apparently he had a chat with someone from The Mag (and who posts on here, I believe) in a nightclub and said that NUFC are where they belong (when under Pardew and struggling) and our expectations are too high. Apparently.

Also said Pardew is right to bench HBA and said HBA doesn't train hard enough, or something along those lines. The nerve of this fat fuck even commenting on HBA's existence. Allegedly :)

Elliot nightclub incident? Can someone fill me in?

Apparently he had a chat with someone from The Mag (and who posts on here, I believe) in a nightclub and said that NUFC are where they belong (when under Pardew and struggling) and our expectations are too high. Apparently.

No apparently about it. It happened. He was an arse.

This chat was a good few months before SackPardew were able to expose the truth about Pardew and his cronies.

But what do I know. Us Newcastle fans just want to be in the champions league every year...

Nice. So of the keepers who started over 15 games, he had a better ratio than Guzan & Boruc. :lol:

I think people were swayed by the fact he did actually make quite a few saves but he was playing behind such a terrible defence there was no shortage of opportunities. I also remember some of his clangers, like standing rooted to the spot as Shaqiri scored the winner at Stoke.

Only thing Eliott has going for him over the others is decent distribution, his throwing in particular is very good.

Darlow looks comfortably the best all round keeper for me (excluding Krul obviously)

Out of interest what has Sels done in his time here that makes you think he's as good as he is?

Unfortunately all I can remember is that his distribution is shit, he's flappier than flappy bird and he hasn't pulled off any outstanding saves.

I dislike him for several reasons:

1) He was bought by pardew*

2) The nightclub incident

3) He's not very good

4) He has the same name as an outfield player who played for us and I hate that nearly as much as wrongly assigned squad numbers

*for the sakes of my argument I am believing he was bought by that tosser.

I dislike him for several reasons:

1) He was bought by pardew*

2) The nightclub incident

3) He's not very good

4) He has the same name as an outfield player who played for us and I hate that nearly as much as wrongly assigned squad numbers

*for the sakes of my argument I am believing he was bought by that tosser.

You are talking about Elliot right in a Darlow thread ? May want to make that clearer.