The other games today - 2015/16

Deuce

Leicester need 8 points from those 4 games to clinch it. If they win the next 2 and Spurs slip up against Chelsea, they might not need the 8 points. So hoping they can win it early so Spurs can let their Euro-bound stars an early rest.

Leicester need 8 points from those 4 games to clinch it. If they win the next 2 and Spurs slip up against Chelsea, they might not need the 8 points. So hoping they can win it early so Spurs can let their Euro-bound stars an early rest.

Five points is such a big gap with four left. Vardy or no, I just can't see them not winning against Swansea, which I think will virtually seal it. We face the usual frantic stuff against a London team who will be desperate to beat us, then Southampton who are looking pretty strong and likewise have something of a point to prove (Poch). Even if we win all four, we could still fall short...and I can't see us winning all four. The margins are too slim. All it would take would be one mistimed tackle and it could all be over.

If Leicester fail to beat Swansea and we beat West Brom, I might fancy our chances. If they win then I think it's theirs.

I'm inclined to think that in a season with 38 games the best team almost always comes out the winner. Spurs are the best team as of right now but they also didn't win in their first four games and they had a stupid loss against us. Leicester will be deserving winners if they can pull it off, the most consistent throughout the season. Leicester also took 4 points off Tottenham like so don't know how you can argue they've been much better

Tottenham have looked class all season. Leicester too but they've been grinding out wins since around Christmas and you're always relying on a bit of luck when doing that.

They're brilliant defensively and always find a goal, I'm not taking anything away from them, they fully deserve to win the league. I just envy the way Tottenham play, it's lush and effective.

Tottenham have looked class all season. Leicester too but they've been grinding out wins since around Christmas and you're always relying on a bit of luck when doing that.

They're brilliant defensively and always find a goal, I'm not taking anything away from them, they fully deserve to win the league. I just envy the way Tottenham play, it's lush and effective.

Agree :thup:

I'm inclined to think that in a season with 38 games the best team almost always comes out the winner. Spurs are the best team as of right now but they also didn't win in their first four games and they had a stupid loss against us. Leicester will be deserving winners if they can pull it off, the most consistent throughout the season. Leicester also took 4 points off Tottenham like so don't know how you can argue they've been much better

Spot on.

I think Wullie nailed it with Leicester a week or so back. They were involved in high scoring games first half a season, teams sussed them out a bit, and the changed the style of football completely to grind out results and still win games. It's hard enough for big clubs to do that, let alone a club who should be nowhere near the top 8 or so based on budget and the squad.

I think Wullie nailed it with Leicester a week or so back. They were involved in high scoring games first half a season, teams sussed them out a bit, and the changed the style of football completely to grind out results and still win games. It's hard enough for big clubs to do that, let alone a club who should be nowhere near the top 8 or so based on budget and the squad.

Yup.

It's a pointless argument, obviously. The nice thing is that both of the teams that are likely to win the league would be "fairytale" in their/our own way. Both our wage bills are dwarfed by Man U, Man C, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool, but to partially balance that out we have both had luck with refereeing and injuries. Leicester  have definitely benefited more from this, and I'd certainly argue that we play the better football, but we also have the advantage of a higher wage bill, so that's only to be expected. Both of us have very likeable managers.

Of course, it just depends upon how you define the "best" team, but honestly, we both deserve it. I just can't see us pulling the deficit back. I maintain that Leicester aren't suddenly going to start losing because they're missing one player, and their home games look fairly straightforward. Win those and they're Champions, and fully deserved ones at that.

Leicester haven't gone about the way Spurs have because they haven't had hundreds of billions to blurt on talented players.

Still they've managed to go into the final four games 5 points clear. Know we've had similar arguments before but to suggest they're not as 'worthy' is frankly ludicrous.

They've had a fair bit of help by the officials too tbh.

Theres a fair amount of football on tonight.

Sky Sports 1: Liverpool v Everton

Sky Sports 2: Hibernian v Rangers

Sky Sports 3: Deportivo v Barcalona

Sky Sports 4: Heerenveen v Ajax

BT Sport Europe: Hertha v Dortmund

BT Sport 2: Juventus v Lazio

ESPN: Roma v Torino

Agreed. Has a club in the history of English football over exceeded all targets and expectations the way Leicester have? Even if they have had the rub of the green sometimes, it's unprecedented surely? Feel a bit sorry for Spurs because any other team in 1st, the whole country would be behind them. I do think they'll be challenging the title pretty regularly now though.