The other games today - 2015/16

Deuce

As brilliant as it'll be for Leicester to win the league, Spurs play undoubtedly the best football like.

Spurs are a far superior side IMO.

Lost twice to Leicester. I reckon Spurs win the title as the nerves get to Leicester but if Spurs don't win it - they'll have lost it because they lost to Leicester twice.

They did lose twice right?

There was very little to call between the two sides in that particular game though, certainly not to the point where you can say it shows that Leicester are the better side. IIRC Leffe thought that Leicester had the rub of the green throughout and nicked a goal from a late set piece. Also worth noting that Spurs beat Leicester in the FA Cup, albeit over a replay.

Don't get me wrong, Leicester are clearly the real deal and deserve to be where they are. I don't know though; I have a lot of respect for how Spurs have more or less played with the same style/system all season whereas Leicester have resorted - with justification admittedly - to grinding out 1-0 wins over the last couple of months. I thought they were pretty poor when we lost to them for Rafa's first game. Spurs on the other hand have sustained that relentless pressing game over 50+ games this season and have rarely gotten away with a poor performance in the same manner. It's a matter of perspective I guess, but Spurs have impressed me much more than Leicester this season. 

That scenario where Spurs need to beat us to take the title and we need to win to stay up is creeping g along nicely  :undecided:

Both teams need a win. We'll draw to send everyone home miserable. It's the Newcastle way.

In 1996, we needed a win against Spurs at home on the final day at SJP and hope Man Utd slip up against Bryan Robson's Boro to win the league.

In 2016, Spurs might need a win against us at SJP and hope Claudio Ranieri's Leicester slip up at Chelsea to win the league.

See how times have changed and the simmilarities that could happen. Sky have the storybook ready. Oh and we could be relegated too.

I want Leicester to win the league.  But a lot of my good mates are Spurs fans and I'd be really happy for them, if they had a bit of success.  Hopefully not at our expense on the last day of the season. 

Spurs are pretty likeable at the minute, as well.  Decent, inoffensive, young manager.  A youthful team with a lot of English players.  Play some of the best football in the league. 

All that said, I'd still be pretty disappointed, if Leicester didn't see it out. 

As brilliant as it'll be for Leicester to win the league, Spurs play undoubtedly the best football like.

Spurs are a far superior side IMO.

Lost twice to Leicester. I reckon Spurs win the title as the nerves get to Leicester but if Spurs don't win it - they'll have lost it because they lost to Leicester twice.

They did lose twice right?

There was very little to call between the two sides in that particular game though, certainly not to the point where you can say it shows that Leicester are the better side. IIRC Leffe thought that Leicester had the rub of the green throughout and nicked a goal from a late set piece. Also worth noting that Spurs beat Leicester in the FA Cup, albeit over a replay.

Don't get me wrong, Leicester are clearly the real deal and deserve to be where they are. I don't know though; I have a lot of respect for how Spurs have more or less played with the same style/system all season whereas Leicester have resorted - with justification admittedly - to grinding out 1-0 wins over the last couple of months. I thought they were pretty poor when we lost to them for Rafa's first game. Spurs on the other hand have sustained that relentless pressing game over 50+ games this season and have rarely gotten away with a poor performance in the same manner. It's a matter of perspective I guess, but Spurs have impressed me much more than Leicester this season.

But they still lost. Those are the slim lines that titles can be decided on. I respect how - if Leicester win it - they'll have won it through clutch moments like that. Narrow victories. Including a win against Spurs that might be the difference in winning the title

Looking at Leicesters remaining games and the fact that Vardy is now suspended, I can see Tottenham winning it.

Leicester are 5 points clear but have:

Swansea (H)

Man U (A)

Everton (H)

Chelsea (A)

Id say they'll collect 5 points from that.

Tottenham have:

WBA (H)

Chelsea (A)

Southampton (H)

Us (A)

I can see Tottenham getting 10, if not all 12 points.

Think Leicester could well win all their games. Chelsea are on holidays already yet will probably still want to beat Spurs. Man Utd are poor against good teams. Everton and Swansea aren't very good

Chelsea have been awful. If Spurs beat Chelsea, Chelsea will roll over for Leicester.

Leicester just take it one game at a time. Beat Swansea like they should. Get something at Man Utd. Beat Everton. If they're in the lead come Stamford Bridge they'll win that.

Spurs most likely win all 4 based on performances. But they already conspired to lose to us.

Leicester could get 9, 7 at least.

Anything less than 9 is poor imo. 2 home games against poor sides who have nothing to play for. 1 of them might have a cup final.

Another is a dead rubber against a poor team who are rivals of Leicesters competition. Chelsea will want to roll over on that last day.

Think Leicester could well win all their games. Chelsea are on holidays already yet will probably still want to beat Spurs. Man Utd are poor against good teams. Everton and Swansea aren't very good

:lol: wat. What is this based on now?

3 points against Spurs

3 points against Arsenal

3 points against Southampton

4 points against City

6 points against Liverpool

1 point against West Ham with an away game to come (we just won there in the FA Cup)

1 point against Leicester with a game at Old Trafford to come.

We are one of the best sides in the league for results against the "good" sides.

Nah Leicester will beat Swansea and Everton at Home - probably lose to Man Utd and Chelsea.

Spurs get 10 points (draw at Chelsea) so  Leicester win it by a point

Leicester have lost 3 games all season and you expect them to lose 2 in 4? Doubt it. If they do, they've bottled it monumentally.

3 points against Spurs

3 points against Arsenal

4 points against City

1 point against West Ham with an away game to come (we just won there in the FA Cup)

We are one of the best sides in the league for results against the "good" sides.

I probably should watch more football :lol: Thought your record was much poorer tbh

:lol: Nah. We're shit against shit teams. We tend to pull results out of the bag when the odds are against us.

We quite possibly have the best record against the top sides, even with the Spurs loss. Not too sure. I think we'll beat Leciester.

3 points against Spurs

3 points against Arsenal

4 points against City

I probably should watch more football :lol: Thought your record was much poorer tbh

To be honest, his points are pretty crap. "1 point against West Ham" was a personal highlight, as was "only 1 loss against Southampton".

It was me listing the top 8 sides you fucking donkey. Had I left out the point against West Ham people would have said, "hur hur what about your point against West Ham."

Your point is crap.