Chancel Mbemba

Nobody

Going further back, I can remember Paul Parker being an effective central defender at 5'7". Some players have an abnormally good leap on them.

Not Premiership central defence though he did play centre half for both QPR and Fulham. Chris Perry though was a successful centre half in the Premier league.

Guest reefatoon

The guy third on the left is a cracking centreback too.

http://www.looneypalace.com/img01/midget-football04.jpg

Guest Roger Kint

Shouldn't this have been confirmed 24hrs ago?

Visa problems maybe...

Eh? Is it Saturday already?

Going further back, I can remember Paul Parker being an effective central defender at 5'7". Some players have an abnormally good leap on them.

Paul Parker initially made his name as a sweeper at QPR but was better known as a right back at Man United and for England.

He was never really a traditional centre back.

He autographed my programme outside Loftus Road the day Gazza got sent off for us around 1987ish and 5' 7" is pushing it a bit, he was tiny!

Paul Parker initially made his name as a sweeper at QPR but was better known as a right back at Man United and for England.

He autographed my programme outside Loftus Road the day Gazza got sent off for us around 1987ish and 5' 7" is pushing it a bit, he was tiny!

was one of the back 3 for SBR at italia 90 iirc

was one of the back 3 for SBR at italia 90 iirc

He wasn't, he was Right Wing Back.

Back 3 was Des Walker, Mark Wright and Terry Butcher and Stuart Pearce was Left Wing Back.

Has the pic of him holding the shirt with number 4 been posted?

The picture of WIjnaldum with Mbemba's head photoshopped on?  Yes.

Oh. :lol: What's the fucking point, man? So sad.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-new-boy-chancel-9708395

good article, and nice to see his determination

One of eight siblings – his mother was a professional basketball player – Mbemba’s dedication is partly explained by seeing football as a route out of potential poverty. “We were very, very poor,” he has said of his background in Congo. But if there was not money or a formal education, there was certainly drive instilled in Mbemba from an early age.

“Even though my mom was a professional basketball player, a member of the national team of Congo, she always encouraged me to play football,” he told L’Avenir.

“Today, everything I do is for my parents but also my four sisters and four brothers. I have the chance to make a career as a top athlete and I to help my family. Only after doing that will I think of myself.”

OK two things, If his mother had 8 kids how did she find time to play international sport?

And secondly, if he has such a large and close family it surely can't be that hard to pin down an age

EDIT: And third! more great Chronicle journalism, stating he is one of 8 then quoting him talking about having 4 brothers and 4 sisters