Chancel Mbemba

Nobody

He looks a fine footballer to me. And he takes the initiative with the ball which I like. Not sure how good a defender he is.  Was very poor for one of the Watford goals and their duo's strength gave him and Colo real problems. Also had a poor headed clearance into the lead u to West Ham's first.

But overall he's impressed me most of our new signings. Although I would love for us to sign a CB comfortably over 6 foot with real strength that's actually good. I think Chancel has a lot of the same strengths and weaknesses as Colo. thankfully being turbo slow and looking like he doesn't care aren't two of them. 

He looks a fine footballer to me. And he takes the initiative with the ball which I like. Not sure how good a defender he is.  Was very poor for one of the Watford goals and their duo's strength gave him and Colo real problems. Also had a poor headed clearance into the lead u to West Ham's first.

But overall he's impressed me most of our new signings. Although I would love for us to sign a CB comfortably over 6 foot with real strength that's actually good. I think Chancel has a lot of the same strengths and weaknesses as Colo. thankfully being turbo slow and looking like he doesn't care aren't two of them. 

http://www.nufcblog.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/mike-williamson-360.png

Height: 1.94 m / 6.3 feet.

Well over, boss.

Mbemba is going to be a class PL CB, he's hit the ground running and has an excellent tackle and recovery speed. He's also really good on the ball and his passing is actually really one of his strengths.

Dude ain't 20-21 though, that's for damn sure.

Well over, boss.

That was boring years ago, man. We need a good CB with physical presence and aerial ability. It's got nowt to do with Mike fucking Williamson.

If we had the luxury of decent centre backs, would love to see what Mbemba would be like in a defensive midfielder role.

Sure he'd be quality, and it would be the end of the great ginger experiment. Oh well.

I dont think he should be compared with Colo because he is a lot stronger.  In my opinion he should be compared with Woodgate who is a complete defender excelled in all aspect.

Mbemba's faster and stronger than Woodgate was.

Dont really see any massive weakness in his game. Great in the air despite not being 6 ft

This is not correct. At all.

Of course it's very early days but Woodgate would've handled the physicality of Deeney/Igahlo much better in his pomp. I remember vividly Deeney bumping Chancel off the ball.

I wouldn't say he's great in the air either. Poor header against West Ham. Was it him or Colo comfortably beaten by Pelle for his goal?

Well over, boss.

That was boring years ago, man. We need a good CB with physical presence and aerial ability. It's got nowt to do with Mike f***ing Williamson.

It's Friday. Chill out, "man."

Here is a thought, how about we don't compare Mbemba to anyone? He's a strong, pacy, and comfortable with the ball CB. He looks built for the premiership and hopefully he continues to get even better at his relatively young age (:lol:) and we get a beast commanding CB to play next to him. Even more of a beast than wee little Chancel.

He's the only one of our signings I'm convinced is a really good player, or at least will be - and I don't think it'll take him long. It's a total cliche but he looks like a good 'footballing' centre-back to me. Wish he had a partner who was consistent.

• 2 weeks later...