Swansea City 2-0 Newcastle United - 15/08/15 - Post-match reaction from page 27

Greg

Guest neesy111

Absolutely woeful.

Why give mitrovic 8 minutes and play without a forward at all for so long. very negative.

Very few positives that I could see, other than possibly Anita and Sissoko till he got injured.

Wijnaldum anonymous and knocked off the ball very easily, Colocinni very poor, Janmaat poor and also idiotic for the 2nd foul where there was no danger.

It's undoubtedly negative but I honestly can't see what's so hard to grasp. I know we're all afflicted by the Pardew regime, and any hint of outright negativity (like today) is bound to get the pitchforks out - but you've got to look at things on an individual basis. Pardew's gone, this is a new manager, uninspiring though he is. Taking it as an individual case, the game was more than likely lost and he endeavored to make sure it stayed at two.

Fine not playing two up top, but not even playing 1 is just put the white flag up time.

I'll save the discouragement for now, but I'd like to see some evidence that Steve is recognizing the failings and adjusting. Get some new defenders in and change that lineup next week.

Have to think it's gonna be Mbemba-Taylor-Coloccini-Haidara.

Taylor will play RB.

Another option would be to drop Dummett at LB and see if Haidara can shift over to the right.

My bet though would be Taylor at RB.

Absolutely woeful.

Why give mitrovic 8 minutes and play without a forward at all for so long. very negative.

Very few positives that I could see, other than possibly Anita and Sissoko till he got injured.

Wijnaldum anonymous and knocked off the ball very easily, Colocinni very poor, Janmaat poor and also idiotic for the 2nd foul where there was no danger.

It's undoubtedly negative but I honestly can't see what's so hard to grasp. I know we're all afflicted by the Pardew regime, and any hint of outright negativity (like today) is bound to get the pitchforks out - but you've got to look at things on an individual basis. Pardew's gone, this is a new manager, uninspiring though he is. Taking it as an individual case, the game was more than likely lost and he endeavored to make sure it stayed at two.

Fine not playing two up top, but not even playing 1 is just put the white flag up time.

Aye, it was. I'm saying I don't see a massive deal wrong with that - not today.

Absolutely woeful.

I disagree, there was loads of time left when we went 4-5-0 and I'd far rather we at least had a go in that time than just try and keep the score down.

I'll save the discouragement for now, but I'd like to see some evidence that Steve is recognizing the failings and adjusting. Get some new defenders in and change that lineup next week.

Taylor will play RB.

Another option would be to drop Dummett at LB and see if Haidara can shift over to the right.

??? It's obviously going to be Mbemba, man. :lol:

Taylor will play RB.

wat

Taylor will play RB.

I can absolutely see the logic here based on today.

Easy to be negative as a knee-jerk reaction to this one, so I will be.

It was a dereliction of duty to give Coloccini another year on his contract. It bodes so poorly for us over the next two seasons -- the guy is finished. It was clear last year, it's even clearer now. He can't jump, he's lost two steps of pace, and his positioning continues to be awful. He will hold us back, no matter what, and the worst part is that his alternatives are somehow worse than he is.

Janmaat. What a joke of a match. Should be embarrassed, probably isn't.

Wijnaldum wasn't up to it today against a very well-prepared and technically excellent midfield. Presumably there's much more to come but he was poor today.

Colback was his usual self out there. Haidara is nowhere near Premier League quality.

We only crafted 2 or 3 even halfway decent moves before the sending off, and even those were tame by comparison to Swansea. For all the talk of innovation and Cathro and fresh thinking, we look very much the same as we did last season. We're comfortably slower in all but about 2 spots on the pitch compared with most opponents, we don't seem to understand how to build an attack from back to front -- the only real danger this year has come from one counter attack. The movement continues to be stilted and predictable when it's even there at all.

I guess it really hits home how poor we are as a squad, but man, today was depressing. We are easily 5 or 6 decent players away from being a top 10 team, most of them defenders.

Taylor will play RB.

I can absolutely see the logic here based on today.

:spit:

Easy to be negative as a knee-jerk reaction to this one, so I will be.

It was a dereliction of duty to give Coloccini another year on his contract. It bodes so poorly for us over the next two seasons -- the guy is finished. It was clear last year, it's even clearer now. He can't jump, he's lost two steps of pace, and his positioning continues to be awful. He will hold us back, no matter what, and the worst part is that his alternatives are somehow worse than he is.

Janmaat. What a joke of a match. Should be embarrassed, probably isn't.

Wijnaldum wasn't up to it today against a very well-prepared and technically excellent midfield. Presumably there's much more to come but he was poor today.

Colback was his usual self out there. Haidara is nowhere near Premier League quality.

We only crafted 2 or 3 even halfway decent moves before the sending off, and even those were tame by comparison to Swansea. For all the talk of innovation and Cathro and fresh thinking, we look very much the same as we did last season. We're comfortably slower in all but about 2 spots on the pitch compared with most opponents, we don't seem to understand how to build an attack from back to front -- the only real danger this year has come from one counter attack. The movement continues to be stilted and predictable when it's even there at all.

I guess it really hits home how poor we are as a squad, but man, today was depressing. We are easily 5 or 6 decent players away from being a top 10 team, most of them defenders.

:thup:

Things will get better even with these players, but top 8 finish is a pipe dream right now.

So shteve still going to say he's happy with the squad. Thought the referee was very inconsistent today. Also he has such a punchable face

He's the same twat who disallowed out goal against Man City a couple of years ago for absolutely nothing. We've never had a thing off him.

They would have won anyway, like claiming Lampard's goal against Germany at the WC not being given would have made a difference.

Tbf it would have made it 2-2 at the time wouldn't it? Change in momentum etc.

Nah, Germany would have rinsed us all over again.

the response to losing and a man down was rather pathetic from McClaren,unless a game is totally out of reach do you make those kind of changes

To be fair, we've had to re-assess what "out of reach" means in recent seasons. 1-0? :lol: