Newcastle 0-1 Andre Marriner - 29/8/15 - Post Match Reaction From Page 5

Mike
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Was Mariner really that bad? I was at the match today and at the time it seemed like the worst refereeing I've seen in 30 years. Surely he can't have been that bad. Anyroad, decent commitment from our boys, if we keep that up the points will come.

Was Mariner really that bad? I was at the match today and at the time it seemed like the worst refereeing I've seen in 30 years. Surely he can't have been that bad. Anyroad, decent commitment from our boys, if we keep that up the points will come.

It was that bad.

Put the game on this morning, and as soon as I saw it was Andre Marriner I told my lady: "Whelp, we're fucked." He fucks us over every single time man. After the red card I just said fuck it, turned it off and came here to check the score. Amazed we only lost by one.

Also as a side note, the yellow on Moussa was disgusting... Arsenal poofter goes down, looks up to check the ref, sees the ref is not going for his pocket, and then starts rolling around and screaming in agony until he changes his mind and the card comes out.

The sending off was an orange card so you can't complain so much, it was the fact he gave them fucking everything. Comparable incidents treated totally differently, for example Mbemba's shoulder barge was a booking and one of their lot did exactly the same and it was just a foul.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/referees-should-spend-time-assessing-9955180?

Steve McClaren is hoping that Aleksandar Mitrovic is not developing an unfair reputation at Newcastle United – just three games into his career at St James’ Park.

The Serbian striker’s first couple of tackles in English football have come under severe scrutiny since he arrived for £13m from Anderlecht, with TV pundits going over clashes against Southampton and Swansea City with a fine-tooth comb.

And he was sent off by referee Andre Marriner for a studs-up challenge in the 1-0 defeat to Arsenal.

When asked if his reputation had come before him, McClaren said: “Maybe, but I don’t know how, he’s only played a couple of games.

“Maybe the referees are too busy watching Match of the Day instead of assessing their own game.

“That can be a problem. I don’t really know.

“Our discipline has to better, but we feel it was harsh.”

Mitrovic was sent off for a challenge on Francis Coquelin who went down very easily after the initial contact, but ran back on to the field moments later.

McClaren said: “I was surprised that the player got up and carried on after rolling around.

“The referee was a bit too soon and harsh.

“He was trying to put a stamp on the game. It spoiled it.

“Football is a contact sport and we can’t take that away.”

But McClaren said that Mitrovic is not the type of player to dish out malicious tackles.

He said: “He has to learn. I know him well and there’s no intent in anything he does, he’s just a winner.”

:lol:

He'll probably get done for that.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/referees-should-spend-time-assessing-9955180?

Steve McClaren is hoping that Aleksandar Mitrovic is not developing an unfair reputation at Newcastle United – just three games into his career at St James’ Park.

The Serbian striker’s first couple of tackles in English football have come under severe scrutiny since he arrived for £13m from Anderlecht, with TV pundits going over clashes against Southampton and Swansea City with a fine-tooth comb.

And he was sent off by referee Andre Marriner for a studs-up challenge in the 1-0 defeat to Arsenal.

When asked if his reputation had come before him, McClaren said: “Maybe, but I don’t know how, he’s only played a couple of games.

“Maybe the referees are too busy watching Match of the Day instead of assessing their own game.

“That can be a problem. I don’t really know.

“Our discipline has to better, but we feel it was harsh.”

Mitrovic was sent off for a challenge on Francis Coquelin who went down very easily after the initial contact, but ran back on to the field moments later.

McClaren said: “I was surprised that the player got up and carried on after rolling around.

“The referee was a bit too soon and harsh.

“He was trying to put a stamp on the game. It spoiled it.

“Football is a contact sport and we can’t take that away.”

But McClaren said that Mitrovic is not the type of player to dish out malicious tackles.

He said: “He has to learn. I know him well and there’s no intent in anything he does, he’s just a winner.”

:lol:

He'll probably get done for that.

Probably aye. He also said that we'll appeal the decision, even though we'll lose it :lol:

The sending off was an orange card so you can't complain so much, it was the fact he gave them f***ing everything. Comparable incidents treated totally differently, for example Mbemba's shoulder barge was a booking and one of their lot did exactly the same and it was just a foul.

If it'd have been Scholes the commentators would have had a little chuckle at the cheeky scamp for still not being able to tackle at 41 and picking up another yellow card.

I think if he got a yellow, there would be no major complaints from Arsenal. Regardless of what you think about modern football though, you will see reds given for that these days. I'm more angry with Mitrovic than Marriner (who was still pretty awful).

Last couple of games have made me a little more relaxed about our defence, but the time for looking for positives and 'heroic failure' is over. Have to use the West Ham/Watford games as a chance to climb the table especially with Chelsea/City after that.

You keep saying this place would be up in arms, despite the fact plenty of neutrals outside this place think it was a fucking stupid decision.

All neutrals I know said it was a red card.

All the neutrals you know are bitches.

Put the game on this morning, and as soon as I saw it was Andre Marriner I told my lady: "Whelp, we're fucked." He fucks us over every single time man. After the red card I just said fuck it, turned it off and came here to check the score. Amazed we only lost by one.

Also as a side note, the yellow on Moussa was disgusting... Arsenal poofter goes down, looks up to check the ref, sees the ref is not going for his pocket, and then starts rolling around and screaming in agony until he changes his mind and the card comes out.

"poofter"

are you serious? ffs

Put the game on this morning, and as soon as I saw it was Andre Marriner I told my lady: "Whelp, we're f***ed." He f***s us over every single time man. After the red card I just said f*** it, turned it off and came here to check the score. Amazed we only lost by one.

"poofter"

are you serious? ffs

You keep saying this place would be up in arms, despite the fact plenty of neutrals outside this place think it was a f***ing stupid decision.

All neutrals I know said it was a red card.

All the neutrals you know are bitches.

I've seen two sets of summarizers, the nbc ones and the ones on TSN over here, neither are generally favourable to us. Both sets thought it was a yellow card offence. So I have no idea where this comment of "most neutrals think it was a red" comes from, that's complete bollocks. It was a clumsy mistimed challenge, there was little intent there no pre meditation, referee grossly overeacted and basically ruined the  game. That's as one sided a refereeing performance as you are likely to see.

You sure we haven't been refereed by Oliver?

Neither can referee us as both Newcastle supporters or Sunderland due to being our local rivals.

Jonathan Moss was born in Sunderland but now lives in Leeds so he can't ref us either