Newcastle 0-1 Andre Marriner - 29/8/15 - Post Match Reaction From Page 5

Mike
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I don't know if I want my players to act the way Arsenal's did, but there's no benefit to not diving around it seems, the country has accepted this shit. Even big defenders from the 90s think it's cool for players to roll around screaming because they've been tapped. Depressing stuff.

We are constantly being told that referee's need to be respected. All guess what, it's about time they respected themselves. There is no need to give a ferric to players who dive, in fact start booking them. Stop licking the arse of the top clubs, tell players who surround you to go away, book them if you have too.

Like anything in life, have some self respect and dignity and you'll earn respect.

I cannot believe I've just seen an ex-pro actively encouraging players to surround referees and ask for cards to be given.

Astonishing.

It's a fucking outrage if you ask me. Kids watch this programme and there's someone there basically saying such cuntish and disrespectful behaviour towards officials is the right thing to do. I know we're all moaning about Marriner today but in general the lack of respect towards officials in football (particularly at the top level) is a massive problem with the game. Including trying to con and influence them at every opportunity, instead of just accepting the decision.

I don't know if I want my players to act the way Arsenal's did, but there's no benefit to not diving around it seems, the country has accepted this shit. Even big defenders from the 90s think it's cool for players to roll around screaming because they've been tapped. Depressing stuff.

If we cheated like Arsenal today, then I'd take my shirt of in shame. Fucking disgusting.

We are constantly being told that referee's need to be respected. All guess what, it's about time they respected themselves. There is no need to give a ferric to players who dive, in fact start booking them. Stop licking the arse of the top clubs, tell players who surround you to go away, book them if you have too.

Like anything in life, have some self respect and dignity and you'll earn respect.

They're not allowed, got to maintain 'the product' by not sending off the top players.

What's this about Keown advocating players going after a referee? :???: :(

It shows pashun, and that's what Arsenal needs. When one of their players has taken a dive the rest need to intimidate the ref. Fucking football  :anguish:

I cannot believe I've just seen an ex-pro actively encouraging players to surround referees and ask for cards to be given.

Astonishing.

It's a f***ing outrage if you ask me. Kids watch this programme and there's someone there basically saying such cuntish and disrespectful behaviour towards officials is the right thing to do. I know we're all moaning about Marriner today but in general the lack of respect towards officials in football (particularly at the top level) is a massive problem with the game. Including trying to con and influence them at every opportunity, instead of just accepting the decision.

Rooney's behavior a week ago was a disgrace, no idea how the refs just let it go without a word being said.

Astonishing.

It's a fucking outrage if you ask me. Kids watch this programme and there's someone there basically saying such cuntish and disrespectful behaviour towards officials is the right thing to do. I know we're all moaning about Marriner today but in general the lack of respect towards officials in football (particularly at the top level) is a massive problem with the game. Including trying to con and influence them at every opportunity, instead of just accepting the decision.

It's a problem they have created though Dave. We keep saying they deserve respect, no they don't. They have allowed players to start diving, they have allowed players to come at them shouting and screaming, they don't tell them to go away and they don't show them the card. What are we as fans supposed to do?, what are anyone supposed to do? Ok I get at the lower level of football where a referee or official has no support and limited amounts of safety it's a problem, but in professional football where every move is on a number of camera's, where there is plenty of security etc there is no need to fear or be intimidated by them. Not only that but they laugh and chuckle about the incident to the team they have given the dodgy decision too, where as the other team are left there looking baffled. They have the ability to watch every player before they referee them, they know Terry will shout in their face with a 90% chance of spit hitting them, they know Young will take a dive either just outside the box or in it, yet they give the decisions in favour of the same players and same clubs.

Astonishing.

It's a f***ing outrage if you ask me. Kids watch this programme and there's someone there basically saying such cuntish and disrespectful behaviour towards officials is the right thing to do. I know we're all moaning about Marriner today but in general the lack of respect towards officials in football (particularly at the top level) is a massive problem with the game. Including trying to con and influence them at every opportunity, instead of just accepting the decision.

Rooney's behavior a week ago was a disgrace, no idea how the refs just let it go without a word being said.

They don't, Gini was booked for it. The two words that he said to the ref... worthy of a yellow.

Not like Arsenal though, that's different.

Astonishing.

It's a problem they have created though Dave. We keep saying they deserve respect, no they don't. They have allowed players to start diving, they have allowed players to come at them shouting and screaming, they don't tell them to go away and they don't show them the card. What are we as fans supposed to do?, what are anyone supposed to do? Ok I get at the lower level of football where a referee or official has no support and limited amounts of safety it's a problem, but in professional football where every move is on a number of camera's, where there is plenty of security etc there is no need to fear or be intimidated by them. Not only that but they laugh and chuckle about the incident to the team they have given the dodgy decision too, where as the other team are left there looking baffled. They have the ability to watch every player before they referee them, they know Terry will shout in their face with a 90% chance of spit hitting them, they know Young will take a dive either just outside the box or in it, yet they give the decisions in favour of the same players and same clubs.

I've already said why they're not able to do it, the instructions come from above.

As ever, it's a knock-on problem from far too much money swilling around the sport.

Astonishing.

They don't, Gini was booked for it. The two words that he said to the ref... worthy of a yellow.

Wasn't a clear post but meant that Rooney never gets punished when he does that. Such a great role model for the kids as the face of the English football.

Astonishing.

I've already said why they're not able to do it, the instructions come from above.

As ever, it's a knock-on problem from far too much money swilling around the sport.

It's up to them though isn't it?

People just won't want to become a referee in future, there is already a shortage. Non-league football will end up dying off because of the lack of referee's, the FA will have no one to blame but themselves. Then again would they even care? This is the organisation who sit back and watch the Premier League roll all the money in and spread it around the top clubs, meanwhile a chocolate company have dig into their own pockets so some non-league clubs can have a changing room.

Astonishing.

Wasn't a clear post but meant that Rooney never gets punished when he does that. Such a great role model for the kids as the face of the English football.

Without a doubt, some players consistently get away with murder whilst others don't.

If Costa had committed the same foul as Mitro - it'd have been a red.

If Gerrard had committed the same foul as Mitro - it'd have been a dive by Coquelin.

Same goes for getting in the refs face/lack of respect. Gerrard could punch a ref, whereas players like Costa would be taken to the back of the shed and shot.

Astonishing.

Why not, they say to hit the deck if even looked at in the box ?

It's a horrible, horrible game at this level, only my partisanship keeps me involved.

I hope when you use those smilies your aren't legitimately sad, BG. Keown's a cunt, Shearer - though obviously a hero - is as thick as pork mince and BT are all pricks too. Who cares?

It's just to be expected from modern football. It's a problem which will only continue to get worse, and what we will end up with is some WWE rubbish.

Guest neesy111

Astonishing.

People just won't want to become a referee in future, there is already a shortage. Non-league football will end up dying off because of the lack of referee's, the FA will have no one to blame but themselves. Then again would they even care? This is the organisation who sit back and watch the Premier League roll all the money in and spread it around the top clubs, meanwhile a chocolate company have dig into their own pockets so some non-league clubs can have a changing room.

FA don't run the leagues ffs.

The major problem referees have is that their entire profession is based on a lie. The FA quash any idea that the referee might get something wrong, hence, no review of a decision that the ref has 'seen'. The only possible justification for that is that referees don't make mistakes. Anyone not willing to accept that they make mistakes isn't worthy of respect.

Astonishing.

FA don't run the leagues ffs.

The FA over see all football in England, they don't run the leagues but the league organisations are answerable to them. The FA also don't run the referee governing body, but they are again answerable to them.

The major problem referees have is that their entire profession is based on a lie. The FA quash any idea that the referee might get something wrong, hence, no review of a decision that the ref has 'seen'. The only possible justification for that is that referees don't make mistakes. Anyone not willing to accept that they make mistakes isn't worthy of respect.

Fans and managers should accept that as well though, shouldn't they?