Newcastle 0-1 Andre Marriner - 29/8/15 - Post Match Reaction From Page 5

Mike
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just switched on - what was the penalty decision about that they're referencing?

Clear penalty. Thauvin stood on the back of his foot following a run into the box.

I didn't think it was that clear tbh, easily given I guess but no intent.

Since when are penalties given based on intent?

Well normally the offending player is trying to actually do something.

You try to kick the ball but the opponent moves the ball away and you kick him. Intent?

Guest Open_C

Fucking disgusting decision, I'm on level 7 and I could see it wasn't a red. Disgusting from Arsenal for going down on every challenge, typical Arsenal, a team full of fucking bottlers and cheats.

:lol:

Aye, I used to be able to spot a penalty at the Leazes from the Gallowgate as well :)

Just switched on - what was the penalty decision about that they're referencing?

Clear penalty. Thauvin stood on the back of his foot following a run into the box.

You try to kick the ball but the opponent moves the ball away and you kick him. Intent?

Intent to clear the ball, yes.

Mitro has let the boys down today.  :(

Really proud of the display with 10 men. Every single player has worked their socks off.

That run from Mbemba.  :smitten:

Moussa has been excellent

Tough call but I'd take off Thauvin for Perez. He's dont nothing wrong but like the commentator said, he'd offer a little more defensively.

We can't complain about the red. He's got away with two bad challenges already this season. This time, luck went against him.

We've done okay since. But sooner or later Giroud will come on and he'll cause us more problems than Walcott.

NBC saying they disagree with referee's association regarding Mitro's sending off saying it was a red for reputation

Yep. They called it a reputation red and clumsy foul. But I hope our own still call him an idiot when some soft prick jumps around and screams and gets back up not once but twice after Thauvin tackled him. Direct your anger at the man trying to cheat the game and the moron ref who bought the shit he's selling. 

Intent to clear the ball, yes.

Well then you can just as well say that in this situation his intent was to run :lol:

We can't complain about the red. He's got away with two bad challenges already this season. This time, luck went against him.

We've done okay since. But sooner or later Giroud will come on and he'll cause us more problems than Walcott.

We can't complain about the red due to previous incidents, as if that should have a direct correlation? Can't tell if serious or trolling

My main gripe with the sending off is I was looking forward to seeing us as an offensive unit today and the sending off has ruined that. Oh well, 3 league games without a goal and over two weeks till the next match. Great.  :lol:

Early booking given to Sissoko has set the tone. While there was contact, Monreal made the most out of it and it was early in the game. They should have had a penalty, there was contact and we got lucky. Mbemba's booking was probably just, but every foul has received a yellow. Mitrovic red card is a tough one as I don't think he has went to stamp on the player, but he has raked his studs down his shin. Thauvin in the nature of this game is a yellow, but Coquelin made the most out of minimal contact. There was nothing in the Sanchez tackle, but in this game surprised the ref didn't give him a yellow.

I can see us holding out till around 55/60 minutes and Arsenal start to open us up. Very likely there will be more yellow cards and at least one more red. We've played alright, but this will be a containment game now with hope of a quick counter attack against one of their full backs.