Newcastle United 2-2 Chelsea - 26/9/15 - Post match reaction from p. 32

Mike

One word, Obertan :anguish:

This f***ers came on and was everything we didn't need.  Lazy, ball watching prick.

Tbf, we missed JC: GO didn't contribute enough (surprise surprise). Stage was set for Thauvin to make his mark, but his game against Sheffield Wed, I suspect, has created 'trust' issues for SMc.

Some positive signs - Mitrovic makes his presence felt up front and that makes a big difference, Mbabu was unexpectedly good in defence, Ayoze was excellent and likewise Colback. The spirit in the side looked good.

We still look very weak defensively. Chelsea were very lack lustre in the first half, but once they got going we struggled.

I think we ran out of legs after our second goal, couple that with the mindset to play a bit more cautiously and you are instantly deeper in your own half and defending in a panicked fashion rather than playing your own game. Thought Mcclaren was to blame as the subs came on too late.

Although Ayoze played well, he ran out of steam after 60 mins and so did Mitro shortly after, should have both been off earlier...

Fuck are they always so knackered?

I'd like to think they're working heavily on stamina training now that's going to benefit us later in the season but running out of steam after 60 minutes or so is mental for professional athletes.

A poorly organized pre-season, IMO.

It's all very well playing well against Arsenal, Man United and Chelsea and getting two points, can we play OK against some s*** teams and get three please?

That's the top and bottom if it. If they slip back into the belief that all they have to do is turn up to beat the likes of Norwich, West Brom and Bournemouth then yesterday was a wasted exercise in which we learned fuck all.

Krul - 7 - Has to be questioned for the second goal, was good otherwise.

Janmaat - 7 - Reasonably solid, limited opportunities to attack.

Mbemba - 8 - Beast.

Colo - 7 - TV performance from him as per.

Mbabu - 8 - Exceeded even the highest of expectations for him.

Sissoko - 6 - Quiet game really.

Anita - 7 - His best game this season.

Colback - 7 - Likewise as above.

Wijnaldum - 7 - His best position might well be out wide.

Perez - 8 - Played the second striker role perfectly.

Mitrovic - 9 - His hold up play and general work rate is outstanding. Love his attitude.

Obertan - 6 - Put in a good shift, unlucky not to receive a couple of through balls.

I thought we were fantastic in the first half (whether Chelsea were shite or not). Yes they dominated in the second but had it not been for a wonder goal we would have picked up 3 points.

I just hope McClaren sticks with this side, well Colback aside.

Celebrated the Perez goal more than any in a few years like. Missed the second going in because lksdjfedhcsdfssed.

Exactly the same here,  funnily enough.  I was ironing a shirt when we got the corner. Having surprised myself by celebrating at the first,  was well pissed off that I missed the second.

And this is a p*ss poor Chelsea side.

:lol: They've had a bad start to the season, but p*ss poor? :lol:

It really is, totally unbalanced. Fabregas is awful these days and Hazard isn't as good as his reputation suggests, Costa likewise. I don't think they have one world class player and have a good few plodders.

:lol: Get to fuck man. They were champions 7 games ago.

Hazard may not have hit top form yet this season but his acceleration yesterday was unreal. He's a gem of a player.

I don't think you write Fabregas off either tbh.

It's all very well playing well against Arsenal, Man United and Chelsea and getting two points, can we play OK against some shit teams and get three please?

Yep - this is the absolute key. They need to beat some shit teams asap.

Guest Howaythetoon

That HTT post man :anguish:

Aye.

Hazard is absolute class.

He is, or would be away from Mourinho. Chelsea have very good players, and they are Champions, but given their status I see an average side, or an average Chelsea side. They are more like a Pardew NUFC side than a Chelsea Mourinho side. Last season they won the title, but were again unconvincing for me.

Hazard is their stand out player, the rest are all meh, even Costa. He is not in the league of Shearer for example.

Compare to Lampard, Makalele, Drogba, Robben etc. this Chelsea team is wank.

Chelsea have been poor so far this season but we've been far worse, so the point is pretty invalid.

We do need to start beating the called shite teams. We've already allowed Watford to slip past.

Guest Howaythetoon

Get away HTT. Hazard is world class and absolutely rinses the majority of defences he faces. Because Chelsea are going through a bad patch doesn't mean it's easy to contain the likes of Hazard and Pedro.

He would be world-class away from Mourinho. A few weeks back away to WBA, with 7 minutes or so to go, rather than take on his man and drive toward the penalty area which he can do with ease, he goes to the corner and tries to keep the ball there to kill time. So sad to see from such a talented player with all the ability in the world to kill any defense or opponent. He's very very good on his day, but he's far too restricted under Mourinho. He shouldn't be fucking trying to kill time at the corner flag with loads of time to go or tracking back to his own penalty area, he should be given the licence to do what the fuck he likes because he can.

World class is someone like Messi, Ronaldo, Augeuro... Hazard is miles behind those guys. I'd rather have Alexis, Silva or HBA on form!