Man City 6-1 Newcastle - 03/10 - Post match reaction from p. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BlueStar

De Bruyne looks f***ing awesome like. So clever.

He's a machine. Not as elegant as a Hazard or a Silva but makes exactly the right pass or takes the shot at the right moment almost all the time. Ridiculously efficient.

Guest firetotheworks

Fair assessment on MOTD and Shearer absolutely right about the entire club having a losing mentality.

This match was probably one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen. We were quality most of the first half and the better side but I suppose they have one of the most potent attacking units in world football.  In my opinion they probably have the 3rd best attacking force in world football which doesn't excuse our performance in the second half but these players are so low on confidence when that 2nd goal went in that was it, head's dropped.  It's not excusable but this is what teams that are rock bottom on confidence do.

We can take some positives from this in terms of our first half play and also Mitrovic.  We'll never be great under Mclaren but I think we have a reasonable game plan but it only works with Mitrovic in the side and we'll never see the potential of the side until we win a couple.  It's worrying though at the moment, 8 games in and 5 points a drift of safety.

Fair assessment on MOTD and Shearer absolutely right about the entire club having a losing mentality.

Not sure how much he deliberated on what he wanted to say, but it struck me that he said 'club' not 'team'. Maybe I'm hearing what I want to hear though.

That's comfortably the worst offside call I've ever seen like.

:thup: I don't even understand how it could have been called offside. 

The sort of decision that comes across as completely bent.  Would never have occurred the other way around.

Not sure how much he deliberated on what he wanted to say, but it struck me that he said 'club' not 'team'. Maybe I'm hearing what I want to hear though.

TO be fair it is the team and its 4-5 years of losing 10 games in a row then winning a game through random luck and going on to win the next 6 games or whatever as we did under Pards.

The sort of decision that comes across as completely bent.  Would never have occurred the other way around.

We got hammered, but the lack of attention paid to that moment at HT was fucking infuriating.

It very clearly is a bent decision like. There is literally no other conceivable reason it was chalked off. Not even incompetence on a grand scale. But we're little old newcastle, so naturally no one questions it or gives a shit.

With Anita and  Gouffran  in the centre of midfield, we were always going to be in trouble . Need to find a commanding centre midfielder who can protect the back four  better than these two.

I think they'd have had us anyway, but who played Aguero onside for their first goal?

The header back across went forward from outside to well inside the six yard box and Aguero is much closer to the goal than Mitrovic, who's the furthest back of our players in shot, when it was made. It looks a good yard offside.

This club is going down.  I don't hold out much hope of January signings saving us tho.  They will take one look at our league position and say thanks but no thanks unless we offer mega money but then if we still go down we are lumbered with players we can't afford to pay.

I think they'd have had us anyway, but who played Aguero onside for their first goal?

The header back across went forward from outside to well inside the six yard box and Aguero is much closer to the goal than Mitrovic, who's the furthest back of our players in shot, when it was made. It looks a good yard offside.

He was behind the city player that headed it. Doesn't matter where our players were.

De Bruyne looks f***ing awesome like. So clever.

Looks money well spent..

From the first time I saw him as someone else here said he just picks the right pass and does the right thing with minimum fuss. He also see's off the ball runs and angles for passes amazingly well.

Currently the player I'm most impressed with in the league tbh

Guest firetotheworks

Nope, still Vertonghen.

That was bad because he didn't know the rules in a rare situation. This happens all the time and he was at least 3 yards on side with a player that was right in front of him. I know they've got a hard job, but both of those events were really basic.

Eh, why was that Mitrovic goal given offside?

And he should have had a hat-trick. Not good enough against opposition like this.

Janmaat was given offside receiving the pass from Sissoko. Didn't look offside but the flag went up then.

Janmaat was a yard on side but aye, that's the only thing I can think of. He was clearly ahead of both Perez and Mitrovic when he played the ball across.

It's a fucking appalling decision. Not excusing the second half capitulation by any means, but ffs. A deserved 2-0 and it's a different game.