Do you want NUFC to be relegated?

Guest palnese
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Actually surprised how close the vote is.

When you look at the start we've had, the gaping gaps in the squad, the injuries, the constant shipping of goals and the fact we've only got one forward capable of playing in SMc's system then I think you can stick a fork in us.

It's 'do you want?', not 'are we going to?'

Actually surprised how close the vote is.

When you look at the start we've had, the gaping gaps in the squad, the injuries, the constant shipping of goals and the fact we've only got one forward capable of playing in SMc's system then I think you can stick a fork in us.

Ah. My mistake.

I think we only have one chance of staying up this year - get rid of McClaren, Carr and Charnley well before the January window and then Ashley to spend the cash big time. Not going to happen though so down with a whimper and Ashley ruing not making the decisions required and losing 100 million a year in the bargain.

I voted no, purely on the fact that I think we'll pick up 15 ish points between now and January and that we will make a signing or two in the window giving us just enough to keep our heads above water.

I voted no, purely on the fact that I think we'll pick up 15 ish points between now and January and that we will make a signing or two in the window giving us just enough to keep our heads above water.

Only saw the original thread title on Tapatalk.

In terms of what I want I'm not really that arsed.  If it meant getting rid of Ashley it would be a categorical yes, but I don't think it necessarily would at all.

I don't really enjoy seeing us in the Premier League and enjoyed the Championship season more, but regardless I can't ever get enthusiastic about the idea of getting relegated.  Whatever happens I'll continue viewing and commenting on NUFC in the same poisonously cynical way I've been forced to for years.

Before the West Ham game Ashley said he'd spend whatever it takes to get us back in to the Premiership if we were relegated. I don't see why he'd have changed his mind about that 12 months later, especially considering the rewards for being in the Premiership have increased hugely since then. Nufc is worth less than 10% of Ashley's total worth. I'm sure he would stick out one season in the Championship.

The stars are aligning for us to go. Mackems new manager bounce, Krul getting injured etc.

We're gone.

This. Chickens coming home to roost is my feeling.

I kind of hope we drop, and again and again if need be. This is s**** man, it's absolutely rubbish. Dropping may mean we get a semblance of meaning back, who knows. What I do know, is this existing year on year is f***ing w***.

Won't make a blond bit of difference if we're relegated. Ashley would be even less likely to sell imo.

He'll sell when he feels he's made a decent return.

Until then, we're stuck in his washing machine of shit.

It's fucking grim this thread like.WOAT but grim. I actually 100% believe we are down and I'm more concerned we break the scums records while they make it 6 in a row vs us. How fucking small time. Ashley is a despicable cunt.

Genuinely don't give a f*** any longer. Staying up year on year has seen me so apathetic it's beyond belief, I still follow the club and the results but I don't care about it now, the emotion it used to stir in me, good and bad, has gone. When I bother to watch us I generally watch in silence, no celebrating goals, no anger about goals conceded - nothing. If staying up is going to mean this continues then f*** it, let's go down 2 or 3 divisions. At least I might care again, because the current state of play is f***ing awful. 

I drove up yesterday to play yesterday morning, then drove from Denton to North Shields to see my Grandparents and went over the Tyne Bridge with the stadium in the distance. I'm not up often, but as I looked at it on the horizon I remembered how excited I used to get whenever I just saw it. Sitting there at the top. No matter how many times I saw it and the difference in emotion really hit me. I hardly felt anything. What I did feel was mostly disappointment. Resentment. Definitely not excitement. Was in the Metro today as well and walked past the club shop and it annoyed me. Especially with Sports Direct pretty much f***ing opposite. Thought what's the point in the club shop even being there when it's effectively across the way anyway, branded big horrible cheap red and blue.

I don't think it's NUFC's decline, but the soulless nature of top level football in this country that makes me so apathetic. Watching documentaries recently from the 90s makes me realise how much I miss those days. I'm not one of these 'we need English players to feel the passion' folk, but it does make a difference when you've got a bunch of mercenaries on the pitch getting hammered to City who you know, on the surface, couldn't give a shiny shite about the club.

I don't think for one second that it's NUFC specific, btw, it's just the nature of the game these days. The feeling of complete apathy merely accentuates the feeling that support for your team now is not what it used to be.