Copa América Centenario

Deuce

I'm wondering how much credit Messi will receive if Argentina win Copa America?

I'm really intrigued by this. Part of me thinks not because it came a year after the last one, Euros on the same time, some teams seem from the outside looking in that some teams don't give a s***. ( aka Neymar not going )

But at the same time it's still an international tournament so it's still a significant part of his resume which is not yet fulfilled.

That's what i thought too initialy. But Friday the way Colombia were celebrating after they won changed my perception. Tears were flowing, James was bawling like a baby.

Dunga's been fired for their exit. This tournement seems serious.

I'm wondering how much credit Messi will receive if Argentina win Copa America?

I'm really intrigued by this. Part of me thinks not because it came a year after the last one, Euros on the same time, some teams seem from the outside looking in that some teams don't give a s***. ( aka Neymar not going )

But at the same time it's still an international tournament so it's still a significant part of his resume which is not yet fulfilled.

That's what i thought too initialy. But Friday the way Colombia were celebrating after they won changed my perception. Tears were flowing, James was bawling like a baby.

Dunga's been fired for their exit. This tournement seems serious.

Aye it's a serious tournament, even more so for teams that rarely win. I think everyone except intelligent Brazilian supporters wanted to win this. I said from the beginning it's stupid and that I hoped Dunga would fail miserably. Glad he was sacked and didn't get any excuses. He picked exactly the team he wanted minus Neymar. Some players got injured but that's part of the game. He tried and he failed. Glad he's gone.

I'm really torn about the USA - Argies game. I usually support the yanks in every tournament where Ireland isn't present, but I'd like Messi to win something internationally.

If he wanted to win something he wouldn't have played us. :yao:

I'm really torn about the USA - Argies game. I usually support the yanks in every tournament where Ireland isn't present, but I'd like Messi to win something internationally.

I'll be wearing my Donovan shirt reminiscing about Bradley and better times :megusta:

Incidentally, I think the yanks have a chance if they are able to seize their physical advantage + extra rest. I watched the repeat of the Argieland - Venezuela game (hey, I'm on a football binge these days) and Argentina didn't look particularly solid. Their whole gameplan was "give the ball to the guys upfront and let them figure it out".

Incidentally, I think the yanks have a chance if they are able to seize their physical advantage + extra rest. I watched the repeat of the Argieland - Venezuela game (hey, I'm on a football binge these days) and Argentina didn't look particularly solid. Their whole gameplan was "give the ball to the guys upfront and let them figure it out".

:yao:

Today is the day, of all days, that you wish Jermaine was playing. Other than that, we need to invoke some Bob Bradley spirit and play that fighting counter attacking team.

Beckerman is going to start isn't he :lol: fml