Newcastle United 0 - 3 Leicester City (post-match joy and adulation from pg. 26)

Dave

I've said it a million times now but the centre-mid is the root cause of every single one of our problems on the pitch. Without someone in there to actually get the ball down, find a forward pass and be physical off the ball as well - we'll get absolutely nowt. Wijnaldum is too lightweight and Anita is good for one thing - a bit of hassling here and there.

Same as when we had the Butt-Smith axis of evil in the relegation season. Might as well not bother with one.

We've been second to every single ball in that first half in the middle, absolutely fucking pathetic. Making Drinkwater look like Busquets.

At least we'll have a rousing half time speech from our inspiring manager.

He can tell him about his days as the Derby manager, that'll sort them out

As much as McClaren wouldn't have been my first choice, and he has made some s*** decisions, I don't think he can be blamed all that much, the players are just half arsed and couldn't give a f***, and that has been instilled into the core of the clubs over the last 8 years.

It's up to him to motivate them though.

45 minutes at home, 0 shots on target.

Should be a crime.

Dont think we have even had a corner...............at home ffs

Err we've had at least 2 I can think of.

Barely qualify as attempts on goal.

Should be a stat for "returning the ball to the opposition keeper"

What was with Elloit's positioning for the goal btw? He was almost on the edge of 6 yard box when Vardy was in line with the penalty spot ???

He thought pitch markings were mayonnaise so went to take a closer look.

I've said it a million times now but the centre-mid is the root cause of every single one of our problems on the pitch. Without someone in there to actually get the ball down, find a forward pass and be physical off the ball as well - we'll get absolutely nowt. Wijnaldum is too lightweight and Anita is good for one thing - a bit of hassling here and there.

We keep buying centre mids and they turn out to be short arse midgets who can't run or number ten floaters who can't actually play in midfield.