Crystal Palace 5-1 Newcastle United - 28/11/15 (post-match from p. 26)

Greg

Ultimately, it's this cunt that should be first against the wall.

http://b.smimg.net/15/04/300x225/lee-charnley.jpg

We were in a decent position when Pardew fucked off. He gave himself half a season to find the right manager, which nearly got us relegated, and ended up picking that fuckin' chump.

He is an incompetent arsehole but who appointed the twat? 

I just don't get the halftime changes. 3-1 down and you bring on a defender for a striker?!

Needs to be dragged out of Newcastle by his hair for this.

3 at the back might be the answer for us until Jan, tbh, need to stop conceding goals and being so easy to get through. He's tried about 4 different formations and the only one we've looked better going forward in looks to have been totally sussed. Probably time to just shut up shop and grind some shit out for the next few weeks.

And of course Ashley gave him all the money required to be competitive and said bring in whoever you want.

Charnley is clearly shit but he's just another in a long line. You'll all be complaining about his replacement in 12 months time. What's the point.

I'm going to be controversial here but I don't think Ashley's to blame this year (he's to blame for the greater mediocrity narrative and I too want him out, mind). The club has spent and brought in several new players and a new manager, but the guys that have taken those decisions (Carr or Charnley) have f***ed up big time.

Ashley appointed them. So the buck stops with him for promoting the f***ing club secretary to MD.

Whilst I agree, Ashley is the only one that is guaranteed to be going nowhere.

Charnley needs to go too. No future whilst this clueless cretin is in charge of recruitment of staff.

What the hell difference is that going to make. Everything comes back to Ashley.

Why do you go out of your way to come across thick all the time?

Guest firetotheworks

Can anyone defend Graham Carr?  He's built a shit shower of a team.

It's actually extremely easy to defend Carr. He's constantly expected to mine exactly the same resource for the same reason time and time again. He's found at least three teams to build within the space of 4 years, expected to find star players at zero cost, to keep us in one of the toughest, most competitive leagues in Europe without any concern for team cohesion or success beyond resale value. Then they're handed over to the likes of Alan Pardew and Steve McClaren to either not play them or cast them aside. I still think he's done well in the frankly ridiculous circumstances to even find players that cheaply in the leagues he's scoured. Our policy is transparent and pathetic. One hand is fighting the other. He got us HBA, Cabaye, Ba, Debuchy, Sissoko, Remy, Yanga Mbiwa, Santon. All of which were cast aside, sold for profit or failed to develop under a shit manager. I blame the system rather than him. You can't keep scouring the same source using the same method, with the same requirements and expect players like HBA and Cabaye every time.

I'm going to be controversial here but I don't think Ashley's to blame this year (he's to blame for the greater mediocrity narrative and I too want him out, mind). The club has spent and brought in several new players and a new manager, but the guys that have taken those decisions (Carr or Charnley) have f***ed up big time.

Ashley appointed them. So the buck stops with him for promoting the f***ing club secretary to MD.

Then we have to hurt the club. Let is die and the resurrect it. It's the only way. Mass boycott, relegation, the lot. Drive the bastard out.

Not that most of our fans seem to actually give a shit enough to do anything about it.

We need to stop thinking like this though. We haven't done enough as a fanbase to make him want to fuck off.

I'm going to be controversial here but I don't think Ashley's to blame this year (he's to blame for the greater mediocrity narrative and I too want him out, mind). The club has spent and brought in several new players and a new manager, but the guys that have taken those decisions (Carr or Charnley) have fucked up big time.

I see your point but as greg said he's the one who appointed them in the first place and ultimately it goes well beyond this year back pretty much to the summer after the 5th place finish, instead of building a squad that was deep enough to cope with the thursday/sunday routine which better teams than us have found awkward we just got one player in anita who has never seemed to properly fit in since we signed him. Chronic under investment, failure to replace key players after you sell them and the only surprise is not that we're in this much obvious trouble but that it took so fucking long

Guest The Little Waster

When King Kev left , i left ...never regretted it ... and its pointless blaming anyone but Ashley ...Ashley has to go ...just like he did when he pushed Keegan out ... stop looking for false dawns and false hope in the shape of new managers , players or fecking admin like Charnely ...Npthing changes until Ashley leaves ...

Then we have to hurt the club. Let is die and the resurrect it. It's the only way. Mass boycott, relegation, the lot. Drive the bastard out.

Not that most of our fans seem to actually give a shit enough to do anything about it.

:thup:

Charnley needs to go too. No future whilst this clueless cretin is in charge of recruitment of staff.

What the hell difference is that going to make. Everything comes back to Ashley.

What the fuck are you on about? You must be another one that can't see that changing the manager or chief exec or scout won't make a blind bit of difference.

So what's your point?

What the fuck are you on about? You must be another one that can't see that changing the manager or chief exec or scout won't make a blind bit of difference.

I'm with Ronaldo on this like. Let's just not change anything at all.

Ronaldo man :lol: