Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

Thought he was woeful for first 5 mins when he came on. Seemed to be ok come the end.

He can't defend in the middle at all though. He needs two DM's protect him else he's a massive risk.

Can't stand him, rare to see a player at that level with so little awareness of positioning and opposition.

Pretty much my feelings about the bloke as well. He's a luxury player and it's not what we need in this position. Awful signing.

What a difference an actual manager can make.

Brave and knowledgeable enough to drop players or take them off. Good to see him take Wijnaldum off too today. He wasn't deserving to stay on.

Can't stand him, rare to see a player at that level with so little awareness of positioning and opposition.

Pretty much my feelings about the bloke as well. He's a luxury player and it's not what we need in this position. Awful signing.

was marking fresh air most of the time he was on the pitch and we weren't in possession.

good call by rafa, not afraid to drop big names and reputations so hopefully Gini is next.

I thought our worst passage of play coincided with when he came on. In the first half Norwich barely had a shot in anger, after he replaced Tiote, suddenly there was gaps all over the place and they had three great chances to score which if they'd taken could have wrecked this game. He's the Steven Taylor of midfield, lots of pointing and not much else.

The main issue with Shelvey is once he has no space to work with, he's pretty useless. This weakness has been exploited quite a lot recently so it was the right call to drop him today imo.

It's certainly come to the point that he shouldn't be starting our remaining games.

Guest neesy111

He hasn't been a good signing at all, needs loads of time and space when attacking and it's like he's not there when we're defending. Maybe he can improve but I would be playing him at the moment.

It's going to take a huge change in attitude for him to become someone dependable in the team.

Didn't agree with dropping him but it worked for team shape. He could be a really good player, I have hope he can be a good all-rounder under Rafa.

He'll ah

Can't blame him for that, everybody likes a good ah now and again.