Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

I know this guy isn't perfect, but I can't accept Colback playing ahead of him.

In Hayden we also seemingly have a physical and mobile DM that can suitably support him now, so it's just not on really.

Think Rafa tried to go a bit more defensive due to it being an away fixture, but when Colback is the option, there is no reason to do so, because he actually sucks defensively ultimately.

Comes on and gives away 2 fouls straight away to help fulham run the clock down. I'd ship him off

At the same time, his passing opened up for us to be able to put 3 or 4 crosses in. I think he has to start. He clearly has some mental issues he still needs to battle with though. Seems frustrated too easily.

That freekick at the end was one of the worst pieces I've ever seen.

Perez had two or three worse than that in the same game tbf. Or are you talking about the one he gave away?

Has to start from now onwards. I understand some of the criticisms but we had Colback, Anita and Hayden playing safe, side-ways passes last night and it got us absolutely no where.

If Shelvey can get back to form he's a top 10 Premier League player, he should dominate the Championship. We're going to have a lot of the ball this season like in phases last night, we can't continue to do nothing with it or else we can't be surprised when nothing happens.

Has to start from now onwards. I understand some of the criticisms but we had Colback, Anita and Hayden playing safe, side-ways passes last night and it got us absolutely no where.

If Shelvey can get back to form he's a top 10 Premier League player, he should dominate the Championship. We're going to have a lot of the ball this season like in phases last night, we can't continue to do nothing with it or else we can't be surprised when nothing happens.

:thup:

Hayden

Shelvey - Diame

Ritchie          Knockaert

Mitro/Gayle

;)

I liked Gayle's movement and pace last night. Add Ritchie and Aarons pace and determination into the mix and Shelvey could be a vital piece of the jigsaw. He certainly has the ability to pick out passes to them from deep and more importantly, if we play the same formation, pop balls in to the space behind the opponents defence/midfield for them to chase. Add Mitro/someone capable of holding the ball up in the final third and it might just be good to watch.

I think Shelvey should be played, or at least someone who can pass to tight spots and receive a pass under pressure. Hayden was shouting for the ball for god knows how long and Wor Jack turned and passed it backwards/sideways. Colback is just too slow and predictable on the ball for possession game

Comes on and gives away 2 fouls straight away to help fulham run the clock down. I'd ship him off

Yep. And they were pointless fouls born of frustration. If he can't keep his composure and use his brain, he's not much use to us.

The whole Shelvey has a sh*t attitude? never noticed it really, Who has a good attitude? Colback/Anita? lets all smile and bum the crowd, like that really matters our strongest midfield possible now and once Sissoko packs his bags will involve Shelvey.

Hayden

Shelvey    Diame

Ritchie                          Aarons

Mitrovic      Gayle

I would not look past having the team like this once they are all available/fit. unless any more are incoming.