Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

I have no worries about Jonjo. He could be an absolutely huge player for us. I think he has fantastic ability and potential given his age too. If he leaves it is because he wont achieve it here in Rafa's eyes, if he stays it is because Rafa rates him. Either way is good enough for me.

I have no worries about Jonjo. He could be an absolutely huge player for us. I think he has fantastic ability and potential given his age too. If he leaves it is because he wont achieve it here in Rafa's eyes, if he stays it is because Rafa rates him. Either way is good enough for me.

Id love to know where this ability is as he's been absolute gash since West Ham.

If we can find a system that works with him I think he'll be class for us. Perhaps he does need to be played a little further forward, because his positioning and defensive ability needs massive work. It's literally terrible from what I've seen.

Id love to know where this ability is as he's been absolute gash since West Ham.

I think you answered your own question.

You forgot that he might stay because no-one would want to buy him or that no-one wants to pay 80k a week for him..

Get rid if there's money on the table

I'd snatch their hands off if anyone offered us close to our money back. I know the market's inflated but £12m was a waste of money on him.

get rid.  Rafa will seemingly start Colback over him and that's enough reason to get rid. 

He's not a kid he's 24 and has had the same problems throughout his career. Mentally I just don't think he has what it takes to be a good PL player and with his wages I don't want him in the team.  He's a bad, lazy egg imo. 

He showed very little effort after his debut. His words in the press weren't followed up with performances. He's got ability but not the attitude needed. I'd get rid; he's on an awful lot of money and doesn't appear to realise that he has to perform week in week out.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, i think he is going to be a massive player for us this coming season.

Seems like he means business as well with him not having a holiday and losing weight over the summer.

Worked with a personal trainer over the summer and has lost over a stone in weight apparently.

Not really a fan so far, but fair play to the lad if his attitude was the problem, then he's going about it in the right way to put that right. :thup:

He should be class in the Championship. We'll be dominating possession more and he should be able to pick out passes. Wouldn't be surprised if opinion on him changed totally in the next few months

Lost 6-7kg :thup:

6-7kg? f***ing hell [emoji38]

He did the exact same over the summer last season for Swansea, came back and started well, then obviously ended up joining us and generally being rubbish and losing his place.

I think Rafa would prefer to sell if we got a decent offer, and I would be inclined to agree, has been really poor for us.