Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

So s*** for the Norwich 2nd goal, awful defending. At fault with Colback for the 3rd Norwich goal too..made no attempt to get back at first and it was too late when he tried after the attacker got away from Ginge.

You can't rely on injury time winners to bail you out every time. There again, pairing him with a holding midfielder who can't tackle for shit was always a disaster waiting to happen. That second goal was a disgrace mind. No excuse for that.

Guest neesy111

Gayle's superb touch and finish for the second goal takes nothing away from what was a brilliant long ball to him. He can't half ping a pass.

Yet, he's hopeless at helping his centre backs.

Gayle's superb touch and finish for the second goal takes nothing away from what was a brilliant long ball to him. He can't half ping a pass.

That's not what he's there for though

That's not what he's there for though

Yes it is, one of things he has to do, he and Colback have to protect the back 4 when we don't have the ball...yet he has an inability to do so.

Our most important player and someone who I don't think will be rotated too many times. Colback was fairly anonymous last night which made his performance even more impressive as he was needing to cover more ground than he would have liked at times.

I'd imagine he prefers Hayden beside him and hopefully Rafa will try Diame alongside him as well in the future because he's a waste of a shirt playing in his current position.

Shelvey has been our most important player this season and without him we wouldn't be anywhere near the top in my opinion. Creates so much, always wants the ball. People need to realise he's not a DM in the sense that he will sit in front of the back four, it's just not his game. He doesn't shower himself in glory with his defensive work but that's not what he's on the pitch for. Let Hayden do that. He's probably won Championship player of the month and its thoroughly deserved in my opinion.

An injury to Shelvey and we are relying solely on Ritchie for creativity.

Reckon he’s the best player in the division, not just CM :lol: Really couldn’t give a toss if he’s sometimes crap at the dirty work, we have enough there to afford him that slack. Some of his passes and touches are just sublime. He has the quality to be a consistently good Premier League midfielder – perhaps the most naturally talented CM we’ve had in a long time. Probably going to get pelters for it but I think he’s got more in his locker, potentially, than YoCabs. 

We'll have to see him back in the Premiership like and hope he has actually improved, he was awful last season.

He's by a distance the best passer of the ball in the Championship though, and probably one of the best in England. Find it canny hilarious seeing fans of other club talking about us hoofing the ball for our goals, ignoring the fact they're inch perfect 60 yard balls that have completely taken the Norwich defence apart :lol: