Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

He was absolutely outrageous.  One of the most dominat midfield displays I have seen for us and he didn't look like he was even trying.  He should have ended with a hat trick and 3-4 assists.  He was splitting the QPR defence with through balls on a regular basis and he just dominated the game.  I was directly in line with the second goal.  It seemed to be in the air for ages, but it was one of them where you knew it was in.  Think it hit the bar and post :lol:

Not to try and put a downer on it.  But a word of caution.  I couldn't quite believe how much time and space he got!  It was like WBA and West Ham, but they were about 5 yards further off him.  I was amazed at how well we passed it about.  Even when under pressure, we still tried to play.  So I don't know if it was more by accident than design, from Jimmy Floyd.  But they started standing off us quite early on.  I can't imagine too many teams will want to be giving him that much time, after last night's game. 

Highlight of the night was him going into the goal, stealing Smithies water, necking a load of it and then throwing it back over his head :lol:  Cheeky c***

get rid.  Rafa will seemingly start Colback over him and that's enough reason to get rid. 

He's not a kid he's 24 and has had the same problems throughout his career. Mentally I just don't think he has what it takes to be a good PL player and with his wages I don't want him in the team.  He's a bad, lazy egg imo. 

Called it.

you're obsessed with me. 

He's got himself into the first team and excelled.  I'm happy for him and he's key for us. 

Fair play to him, seems to have really worked hard and it's showing. What a goal. Still not sure he'll ever be real premiership quality but we'll see how it develops with Rafa.

Must admit I had real doubts about his work rate but tbf he's doing everything he can do address that with all the extra training pre-season. Also I think it's massive that he has Hayden alongside him as he can provide the running and support which Colback just isn't physically capable of.

Will completely depend on how he handles the less time he'll get on the ball if we go up, his passing and ball striking is without doubt good enough.

He had that period of form for Swansea which showed he is capable of it in the premier league, just depends if he can do it consistently and how he can adapt if teams really get a midfielder to focus on him and not give him an inch.

He'll have dips in form or bad/mediocre games but when he hits a bit of form or is particularly motivated, as he seems to be now, he's more than good enough for the top half of the Premier League.

Plus, he's still only 24.