Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

Guest firetotheworks

Will the details be released eventually? I'd like to know exactly what it is and his version before I feel easy about loving him still or not.

He's just said that it's his, he hopes.

If Shelvey DID make stupid remarks then he is an idiot....this could cost us dearly and he should have thought of that before making them ; there are plenty of things he could have said to an opponent which would have been 'legally' insulting rather than falling into the trap of using racism, which as we know, is a prime crusade of outfits like the FA.

If it is an attempt by an opposing club - esp one which would like to scramble into the promotion frame like Wolves who are on the fringes - to cause trouble without real proof, then they should be punished.

We are going to have to get hold of a creative m/f player pronto, either by loan or in the Jan window or our promotion push could be derailed because we will struggle to score the necessary number of goals and the powers that be may just be a bit pleased by this...I believe we have powerful enemies both at political(because of Ashley)and football level...look at the lousy decisions we keep falling foul of - some MAY be inefficiency but....

Will the details be released eventually? I'd like to know exactly what it is and his version before I feel easy about loving him still or not.

You are asking for somebody to publish the racial or religious slurs?  Maybe the custodian that empties the trash in the FA conference room will leak something to the Sun.

Why are people fixated on the 7 weeks? Would they rather the FA charged immediately at the point of complaint or bother to investigate?

It could be particularly sensitive so they've taken their time, we could have dragged our feet to keep him playing as long as possible etc. Doubt there is anything sinister in play, just processes can drag sometimes.

You are asking for somebody to publish the racial or religious slurs?  Maybe the custodian that empties the trash in the FA conference room will leak something to the Sun.

:lol: well no, I was asking if there'll eventually be something released, if it's standard policy or not.

In the Suarez evra case I'm sure there was actually a long document released about their decision and the details. Didn't know if that's standard.

Sorry if you know better  O0

Tnh if it wasn't for the Leeds and Hull games coming up I'd not really car that much. We're a quality side and not just a one man team.

:thup: Shelvey walks this division and it'll be a blow, but we can win games without him. If he does get a ban, I'd bet on us still being top by the time he comes back.

I've spent the last half an hour trying to fix this thread but it was such a mess and full of such drivel and often unacceptable comments I've blanket deleted everything from the last few days.

Keep your own views on the definition and merits of racism to yourself. If you can't do that then this thread will be locked again and you may be banned.

Thoughts of racism or not but if the person who was 'offended' didn't even know it at the time although has one witness to recognise it against the person who supposedly aired their views with a witness to back up his view that he didn't, then this is going to be mighty hard to decide on.

This is before the rights and wrongs of comments come into it and from the outside look like a straight forward case of tellings off and future conduct warnings.  Without the full facts though although armed with the denial by Shelvey, this seems to me like a case that may drag through the legal channels if the FA revert to type.

He's possibly basing his defence on not knowing what cous cous is. Then when they say "It's reported you said blah blah fucking blah" and cous cous isn't mentioned that he'll say "Oh, that................................guilty"

What I don’t understand is how there was no reaction in the slightest of the Wolves team mate who apparently heard the racist abuse! No confrontation or anything – if I heard some lad that I was playing with receiving racist abuse then I’d be straight on to whichever wanker was mouthing off!

Apparently he was being wound up about his Alopecia. If so, it should offer him a chance of getting off.

Again.  Not saying that it is right or wrong, with one form of abuse being worse than the other.  But I don't think that would stand up would it? 

"Yeah.  Well he kept taking the piss about my baldness, only I heard it, though.  So I snapped at the end of the game and called him a *insert racist word here.*"

I'm sure someone mentioned that the FA have something ridiculous, like a 90 odd percent guilty rate when they charge a player.  From what we have been told, it seems to be one player's word against another.  Which is a dangerous precedent to set, should he be found guilty. 

I'm sure, or at least hope.  That we will get more of the details, whatever the verdict.  It's all just speculation at the minute. 

Obviously the two are incomparable but it's a bit hypocritical to mouth off and make fun someone for having a medical condition and then play the race card when said person snaps back. Not that I'm defending the use of racial abuse, I think both of them were abhorrent in this situation if Shelvey did lash back.

If Saiss did wind him up about being bald then played the race card, then he's just a cunt. But that's unlikely as he can hardly speak English apperantly. I doubt Shelvey's actually racist, but anyone can probably snap and say something insulting when wound up. It's what happens. People say something they know will offend to lash out. Of course that doesn't mean Shelvey is/isn't racist. Only he himself knows that.