Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

He looked poor (and was poor) because he had no outlet and was closed down so quick. The speed they cloesd down was probably why when Merino was brought on it was to play basically as a centre half but gave him more time on the ball.

Been our best player when we've had the ball IMO. :lol:

:mackems:

Is this a joke?

Thought he was comfortably our best player today before the subs. Also seems like he's the only player who can actually complete a pass without taking 10 seconds to compose himself.

Linked with Spurs.. probably 20m+

Would snap their hands off. He’s added so little to the team since joining.

Yes he can pass a ball but never takes a game by the scruff of the neck, goes missing when things aren’t going our way and generally can’t make a tackle because refs are itching to send him off because he’s a thick c***.

He's been a major disappointment this season.  He's missed a quarter of it through suspension and been mainly garbage when available.  I'm struggling to see where we can fit him into our side, apart from as an impact sub when we're chasing a game.  If we got £20m+ for him and Rafa was allowed to invest it i'm sure he could find someone more useful for that kind of money.

I must have missed this but is Shelvey the new Dummet/Perez/Joselu that we're all calling shite now? Just need to be clear so if we haven't scored in the first 20 minutes against Brighton and I'm looking for someone to blame.

Guest neesy111

I must have missed this but is Shelvey the new Dummet/Perez/Joselu that we're all calling shite now? Just need to be clear so if we haven't scored in the first 20 minutes against Brighton and I'm looking for someone to blame.

Our best form this season is when he's been missing.

He's absolutely rubbish.

All in all the lad has been disappointing in his time with us thus far imo.

He has talent no doubt, but I'm not sure he has the mentality to really be a top player.

That being said, with our squad being as poor as it is, he is one of our most gifted players. Unreliable and inconsistent, but still way ahead of some of our shite.

IF the takeover happens then he will hopefully be surplus to requirements or relegated to a squad player sooner rather than later.

No way does he start for a top 6 side imo unless he sorts his head out.

He’s not even that good on the ball.  Needs time and space to get his passing on.  He not a Carrick 1 or 2 touch into feet or space type.

We rarely have teams penned in and he’s no KDB. But in the first half 3 or 4 times KDB got the ball deep, 2 quick touches at the most and he’s. Putting accurate dangerous balls in behind our already deep defence.  Shelvey NEVER does that.  Most o his best passing is from very very deep.  Rarely into the box or frequently enough into a space where the player can cross or something.

He’s had 1 full PL seasonish with us now across 2 half campaigns.  Think he’s put in maybe 5 solid performances in.  He can be overrun in games by the likes of Tom Cleverley.

If we could get N’Zonzi for Shelveys fee and wages I would do it instantly.

His best days come too inconsistently and, worse than that, he has a penchant for being lazy without the ball. Add the fact he's liable to do something stupid at any moment and I'd have no problem shipping him out as long as the fee was at least what we paid and was definitely going to be re-invested.