Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

How long are NUFCTVs highlights like?

8-10 mins

:thup: and they stay up long after the match aye?

Probably worth £4 every now and then to check them out like.

Off topic a bit but if you have sky sports they stick 10 minute highlight packages up with commentary. Only stumbled across this the other day.

It may not have happened at that very moment like.

Well it happened in the same minute Anita got sent off so it's in the space of a 60 seconds 'moment'

Not sure that 60 seconds is quite water tight as the timeline, might be a bit flexible, don't really matter to be honest. If did it, suspend him, if he didn't good for us.

A minute is 60 seconds like, it's canny watertight. Been like that for centuries.

:lol: you tit

It happened in the 87th minute, which means that it happened at some point during 86:00 and 86:59, which is 60 seconds.

8-10 mins

Off topic a bit but if you have sky sports they stick 10 minute highlight packages up with commentary. Only stumbled across this the other day.

They could have advertised that a bit better :lol: On the box or on the internet?

8-10 mins

They could have advertised that a bit better :lol: On the box or on the internet?

On the box. Actually looking again i think they only upload it 48 hours after.

Brings to mind the incident in the San Siro where Vieri was accused of calling LuaLua a monkey. Uefa came to the conclusion that it was one player's word against another and although they had no reason to doubt what LuaLua said there was no evidence to convict Vieri of either. Probably helped that he played for a glamourous club too mind.

This is the FA and this is Newcastle so it'll be 5 matches at least. If he has done it he needs to own up and face his punishment like a man, if he hasn't he should come out and deny it strongly.

If he denies it I hope he isn't just banned without any conclusive evidence.

Brings to mind the incident in the San Siro where Vieri was accused of calling LuaLua a monkey. Uefa came to the conclusion that it was one player's word against another and although they had no reason to doubt what LuaLua said there was no evidence to convict Vieri of either. Probably helped that he played for a glamourous club too mind.

This is the FA and this is Newcastle so it'll be 5 matches at least. If he has done it he needs to own up and face his punishment like a man, if he hasn't he should come out and deny it strongly.

If he denies it I hope he isn't just banned without any conclusive evidence.

5 is the minimum for this offence no matter the club fwiw.

If he did it then he should be banned, I don't think anyone can say otherwise.

My concerns is that why has it taken this long to come out? If he did it then surely it is a pressing issue. Why was there no displays of fallout from the matter when we played the same team only a few days after the alleged incident? How come at the alleged timing of this incident does it appear that Shelvey was not in a position where he is able to verbally abuse anyone?

I don't see what evidence they'll have access to in order to ban him tbh, but the fact that he's been charged (even though it's late in the day) is concerning and if he has done it then he's an idiot and he should be for at least 5 games to teach him a lesson.

Guest firetotheworks

I don't mind the time if it means that they've looked into it in depth, with it being the FA, anything's possible.

Innocent til proven guilty marra!

All seriousness, I hope it's a misunderstanding and Shelvey wouldn't be so daft as to racially abuse someone, but if he has he needs to be made an example of as should anyone else who does it.

He's a f***ing knacker like, needs to grow up a bit. Last player I'd want to lose to suspension at the minute as well.

Aye, the only player in our squad we don't have a replacment for. Will be a right kick in the nads if he's given a 5+ game ban.

I think we look comfortable enough to play without him for a game or two now, where as a month or two ago I couldn't have seen us picking up 3 points without him.

I don't think we can do 8 games without him though if he gets the Suarez treatment. I can easily see Brighton taking over us and Hull will be a lot harder.