Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

He was man marked by Villa today. After HT they gave it up I assume cause they needed a goal, and it was no coincidence he was miles better 2nd half. Had so much more time on the ball. Was back to taking the p*ss

More so we we scored late on in the first half and they basically folded ?

He was man marked by Villa today. After HT they gave it up I assume cause they needed a goal, and it was no coincidence he was miles better 2nd half. Had so much more time on the ball. Was back to taking the p*ss

More so we we scored late on in the first half and they basically folded ?

Bit of both. They'd do well to man-mark him and push to score goals and beat us. Lansbury was following him around everywhere first half, soon as the 2nd started he didnt

Guest palnese

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/jonjo-shelvey-of-newcastle-united-controls-the-ball-during-the-sky-picture-id647992230?s=594x594

Copa Mundial  :smitten:

Shelvey used to wear Nike earlier this season, and he's used some blackout Puma's recently. Looks like he's after a new boot deal.

He had a bit of a patchy game today, but while I didn't think much of him previously, he's grown on me a lot this season. Maybe it's the lack of composure from so many of our other players under pressure, but I really like how he always manages to find some space and usually a precision pass. One of those players who could easily waste his talent somewhere else, but under Rafa could go on to be a really top Premier midfielder.

He had a bit of a patchy game today, but while I didn't think much of him previously, he's grown on me a lot this season. Maybe it's the lack of composure from so many of our other players under pressure, but I really like how he always manages to find some space and usually a precision pass. One of those players who could easily waste his talent somewhere else, but under Rafa could go on to be a really top Premier midfielder.

I thought he was immense today in doing what he did.  It wasn't his usual game but it was one that he performed brilliantly and he was always trying to break up their play. 

It was good to see him doing the dirty part of the game and getting stuck in and for most of the time maintaining his discipline.